2003 Wrx Maintenance... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2003 Wrx Maintenance... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; After coils are straightened out. Suspension is in need of replacment. Changing suspensions in the '02 and '03. Tein has ...

Next step...

After coils are straightened out. Suspension is in need of replacment.

Changing suspensions in the '02 and '03.
    Tein has coil-overs and front and rear upper aluminum strut bars specifically for the WRX.
    This system lowers the car 2" in front and 1.3" in the rear.
    Coil-over system (4 struts and mounting hardware) $1780.00
    Front and rear upper aluminum strut bars $ 270.00
    This suspension replacement is about $1200.00 more than the called for factory replacement.
    Will post part numbers and Tein link later.
    Last edited by MrBonenberger; 11-08-2008 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Pricing wrong.
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tein

Tein link and Part #s...

TEIN USA

Coilover system
    Part# DSS40-KUSS1
    Price $1780.00

Front upper strut bar
    Part# PBS28-01000
    Price $135.00

Rear upper strut bar
    Part# PBS29-01000
    Price $135.00
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)

Wandering...

I did not buy my subie new, it was used. I have an acquaintence in town who has a newer WRX, an '06 and he has trouble keeping up with me, I'm wandering if the previous owner had it dynoed or the computer adjusted. I can get up to 65mph before redline in second, 105mph in third, 135mph in fourth, and well in fifth the speedometer only goes to 140mph. Does that sound stock? Could that effect my idle if the previous owner had adjusted the computer, (ECU) or whatever? Anyone who takes a serious ride with me always comments on the speed to gear.
    I spend alot of time in second and third...
    Last edited by MrBonenberger; 11-12-2008 at 02:40 AM.
    2003 Subie WRX

F@#K Me...

I just discovered my wife spent part of my parts money on a damn Louis V. purse! $400.00, boom, gone!

Anyone else got this problem?
    2003 Subie WRX

DUB
    Next time she pulls that **** ask her what the five fingers said to the face.

No doubt, Iim stil P Oed! That was my new down pipe!
    2003 Subie WRX

Manual 02 03

I'm trying to post the manual or a link but I'm having troubles guys. I'll put it somewhere and then post alink.
    2003 Subie WRX

Fog Lights

Had to replace fog lamp.
    Upgraded both lamps from factory 65watts to 100watts.

Eiko part#01014BP (100watt) only $8.46 each.

Easy replacement, becareful with retainer clip... hard to replace.
    2003 Subie WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.