Hey, New WRX owner. Question!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hey, New WRX owner. Question! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey , I have just purchased an 08 WRX and i have noticed a few changes with the car since ...

Question Hey, New WRX owner. Question!

Hey , I have just purchased an 08 WRX and i have noticed a few changes with the car since i bought it. Sometimes the car will have great "pep" or power and the boost is very smooth, and other times the boost will hessitate and there isnt as much pep. Could it be the different brands of gas. I always put min 91 octane.
    I have also noticed that i now hear a pfffffffff ing sound when i get on it, under the hood ( not the BOV). Its almost as if there is strong wind hitting under the hood, like the turbo was just blowing air on the hood of the car. Weird, any suggestions. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ant428 View Post
    Hey , I have just purchased an 08 WRX and i have noticed a few changes with the car since i bought it. Sometimes the car will have great "pep" or power and the boost is very smooth, and other times the boost will hessitate and there isnt as much pep. Could it be the different brands of gas. I always put min 91 octane.
    I have also noticed that i now hear a pfffffffff ing sound when i get on it, under the hood ( not the BOV). Its almost as if there is strong wind hitting under the hood, like the turbo was just blowing air on the hood of the car. Weird, any suggestions. Thanks.
    Yes it could be different brands of gas. For example, I used Shell once after using 76 or Costco gas for awhile, and my car ran like crap. Others who use Shell, run just fine. I would just find one brand of gas and stick to it. The ECU will "learn" that brand of gas and adjust to it.

Other factors that could affect the performance, is weather, humidity, altitude, etc.

As for the sound, I don't know. Take it to the dealer and have them inspect it.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    I would just find one brand of gas and stick to it. The ECU will "learn" that brand of gas and adjust to it.
    That is the most thing to say.

Seriously. Your car can't tell. I am saying this as a professional. As long as its the right octane rating. Don't believe the commercials. You can get water in your fuel from ground tank contamination, or what-not. But the ecu has NO idea.

I would get it checked by a repair facility.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

Thinking about this question at work made me think, and then I remembered long-term fuel trim and short-term fuel trim. But even still the ECU can't tell brands. And it adjusts the fuel trim according to what it gets from it sensors.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.