misfire cylinder 2 & 4 help plz. new guy here.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on misfire cylinder 2 & 4 help plz. new guy here. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a wrx 03 and get a misfire in cylinder 2 and 4. what are the basic things to ...

Question misfire cylinder 2 & 4 help plz. new guy here.

i have a wrx 03 and get a misfire in cylinder 2 and 4. what are the basic things to change to fix this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the coil packs...then the plugs...
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

mmmm i dont want to sound dumm.. but im new. what am i checking for i should i just replace them? what side of the engine are cylinder 2 and 4?

if youre looking in the engine bay the cylinders go like this

3----4
    1----2

im pretty sure

this is what you do

get new spark plugs, and swap the coil packs from the drivers side to the passenger side, thats what i did and it made my misfire go away, in case you dont know, the coil packs are the little packs that go on top of your spark plugs, they have a plastic clip on the wires so you can move them to another cylinder, youre gonna have to remove your intake, battery and maybe a few other things depending on what tools you have and how big your hands are

ok.. thanks ill do that this week ill let you know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by fmoises View Post
    ok.. thanks ill do that this week ill let you know what happens.

it wont be the easist thing getting the plugs in and out, just make sure to take your time on it

i ran into a problem very similar to this on my Legacy a while back....when you get the chance make sure the correct plugs are going to the correct fuel injectors.....apparently the previous owner did the head gaskets and plugged the wrong connector into the wrong fuel injector.....but i guess if you havent had any recent work done this shouldnt be the cause......but nonetheless something easy to check.....

Ok, so i did the spark plugs yesterday and the car is running good, maybe just a little to low idle rpm but i dont mind. I let you guys now if my cel come on again.

Ok. So the code came back!! But no worries i took it to the dealer and they told me it was a problem with the computer giving me wrong information and that it could be patched. That its a very common thing in the wrx 03 models.

So how much was the repair?
    08 STi DGM

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.