Hydrolock

This is a discussion on Hydrolock within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey it was raining real bad today and i missed a turn so i went to turn around and went ...

Hydrolock

hey it was raining real bad today and i missed a turn so i went to turn around and went right through a deep puddle. not a problem for a wrx right? well i have a CAI, **** me right. engine light came on for a instant and car died immediatley so i couldnt have possibly sucked up that much water. my car is sitting an hour away right now and im going back first thing in the morning. what the **** should i do. i wanna take out my spark plugs and get the water out like that but who the hell knows how to get them out in an H4? the battery is still strong as the lights do work but when i tried to start it, it cranks once and the lights dim. if you help me an my car is not "totaled" i will drive to you in my wrx (the only reason i wake up every morning and smile) and marry you.

PLEASE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Go to ScoobyMods.com They will have a "how too" for removing sparkplugs with pics.Water does not compress like air so depending on how much water you could have done some damage to the crank,piston seals or rods including bearings.More than likely you MAF got a bath as well.Removing it and cleaning it with CRC MAF cleaner.Hopefully that will displace the moisture.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Just another reason why a CAI sucks for a WRX.......

alright so i went back today and managed to get the plugs out and about 2 cups of water poured out. it then cranked more than once giving me hope! im coming back in a few days and imna put in new spark plugs in and start her up. is there anything else any of you could think of that i should do to help me. thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CKYDavid View Post
    alright so i went back today and managed to get the plugs out and about 2 cups of water poured out. it then cranked more than once giving me hope! im coming back in a few days and imna put in new spark plugs in and start her up. is there anything else any of you could think of that i should do to help me. thanks.
    I have a feeling you are in for bad news. One thing about hot metal, it does not like to be supercooled. Start saving for a new motor.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE