Sudden Headlight Loss?

This is a discussion on Sudden Headlight Loss? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sudden headlight loss (low beam projector lamps). All other electronics work, checked all fuses. The bulbs (silverstar) have been replaced ...

Sudden Headlight Loss?

Sudden headlight loss (low beam projector lamps). All other electronics work, checked all fuses. The bulbs (silverstar) have been replaced 3 times in the past 2 years.
    2006 Subaru WRX Imp. LTD.
    Any Help THX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

been replaced 3 times in 2 years? due to failure? have you pulled the bulbs you have on there now after this most recent failure? doesn't sound right. i'd get a set of new bulbs and disable your DRL if you're comfortable with controling the lights by yourself on your own car. could be the bulbs you are using. you sure you didn't get fingerprints on any of the bulbs you installed yourself? fingerprints and other oils on the bulb decreases the life of or causes premature failure on headlight bulbs.
    Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 10-25-2008 at 09:23 PM.

No, I havent pulled the bulbs from the most recent failure. Was planning on getting new bulbs and checking them then. BUT how do you disable the DRL???? i drive alot and they are always on. The only way to turn them off is to pull my e-brake.