Power loss after coilover install?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Power loss after coilover install? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just installed coilovers and took the car for a test drive and noticed severe power loss, its almost like ...

Power loss after coilover install?

i just installed coilovers and took the car for a test drive and noticed severe power loss, its almost like the clutch is only halfway engaged, the car wont go past 4000 RPM's, it still hits full boost the car just doesnt go anywhere

i did unplug the battery and reset the ecu via my accessport, it drove fine yesterday, i also checked all the axles and they seem to all be secure.

anyone have any ideas? this is really frustrating me =(

fix my problem and i will paypal you 5$ on monday
    Last edited by sp00l; 10-25-2008 at 06:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone?

=/

take it in have them tune it
    ~Only One~

Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin15 View Post
    take it in have them tune it
    the car is already protuned... it ran perfect yesterday, for some reason when i started it up after the coilover install it started doing this

=/

I Support ClubWRX
    So the car won't rev past 4,000 rpm?

Are you in limp mode then? Is there a CEL?

When you were working on the front passenger side did you knock something loose around the boost control solenoid?

You didn't mess with the fuel pump connection when you were working in the back, did you?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i dont think its the coilovers! try unplugging ur battery again and try that!
    ~Only One~

i could have knocked something loose, but not sure what would be in the fender wells that would cause this

it still hits full boost too so its not a leak, and i tried unplugging the battery and reflashing the ECU, and it still does it..

and im not getting any CEL's at all.

i did put the car in the air on stands and let it idle in first gear, and only the front drivers side wheels was spinning, the driveshaft i could see spinning but it wasnt moving the rear wheels, im not sure if this is normal or not if a car is in the air not making conact with the ground. =/

well, it seems to me like it could be the accessport! it doesnt make sense why your losing performance over coilovers! lift it and take a close look the install. it could be your airbox loose or leak?
    ~Only One~

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't remember what "normal" is at idle in gear and off the ground, sorry.

Is the hand brake engaging and more importantly disengaging correctly? With the hand brake down does the car roll down a gentle slope like it should?

Near the top of the strut towers in the front lies the boost control solenoid with cabling and tubing on one side and the fuel filter (02-03 at least) on the other.

Is the throttle linkage free to move correctly? Does the motor rev freely in neutral at least?
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I don't remember what "normal" is at idle in gear and off the ground, sorry.

Is the hand brake engaging and more importantly disengaging correctly? With the hand brake down does the car roll down a gentle slope like it should?

Near the top of the strut towers in the front lies the boost control solenoid with cabling and tubing on one side and the fuel filter (02-03 at least) on the other.

Is the throttle linkage free to move correctly? Does the motor rev freely in neutral at least?
    handbrake works fine,

in neutral it revs a little slower i wanna say, but i cant remember

checked the lines to the BCS and they seem to be fine, also its an 06 so i have drive by wire and not a throttle cable

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    that sucks alex! i really dont think it would have to do with the coilovers though. its probably related to what happened on the dyno and the issues you were having after that. its just weird that youre not getting a CEL or anything

i asked my dad and he said that really the only thing that couldve probably happened is when you were installing the c/o's that you knocked something loose. check all your connections, hoses, wires, etc etc and make sure everything is in tact and where its supposed to be.

good luck =(

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    its probably related to what happened on the dyno and the issues you were having after that.
    What issues? If you've had problems before people will need to know to best help you.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    What issues? If you've had problems before people will need to know to best help you.
    im pretty sure i just figured out what the problem is...

i took the passenger side front caliper off and then put the car in 1st gear in the air, and that wheel spins freely now instead of the drivers side, before, the drivers side was spinning and the passenger side was stuttering almost like it was trying to move but it couldnt.

so i have a feeling that caliper is locked up, i felt the brake line and its hard as a rock, anyone know how to fix that? bleed the lines ?

problem fixed, one of the rear axles popped out of the differential

i had the same problem, it was noticed when i went to install a new clutch because i thought the clutch was completely done.
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast