roof change or repair em ?

This is a discussion on roof change or repair em ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi everybody im new in club wrx. Q: whats better ? swap roof or repair an already damaged roof ? ...

roof change or repair em ?

hi everybody im new in club wrx. Q: whats better ? swap roof or repair an already damaged roof ? wrecked my red wrx v4 about 5 months back.thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It depends on how damaged it is. I have a 96 impreza that was rolled over. The roof is crushed in right above the driver door. I'm going to try to pull it out, but I'm seriously thinking about welding a new one on.
    2006 WRX
    Opensource STG 2, Epic Engineering
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #032

http://s258.photobucket.com/home/joesubaru7/index
    DD: 2001 2.5RS
    Old: 1998 2.5RS [url]

this is how bad it was . and hope i can ride it soon when repaired
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my rex.JPG  

I Support ClubWRX
    Here in the USA where safety inspections and road worthiness are loosely govt over seen, that car would never likely drive on the roads again. Insurance companies here would consider it a total loss, as the frame would most likely never be straight again (leaving it a liability), or it would cost well over the value of the car to fix. I have never been to Brunei so I do not know what the laws are regarding "salvaged" or "fixed" cars.

I do know however that the Sultan of Brunei owns the only functioning two of these in existence.

Ferrari Mythos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Here in the USA where safety inspections and road worthiness are loosely govt over seen, that car would never likely drive on the roads again. Insurance companies here would consider it a total loss, as the frame would most likely never be straight again (leaving it a liability), or it would cost well over the value of the car to fix. I have never been to Brunei so I do not know what the laws are regarding "salvaged" or "fixed" cars.

I do know however that the Sultan of Brunei owns the only functioning two of these in existence.

Ferrari Mythos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    that's the problem of the insurance company here in brunei , they don't wanna lose money . I did tried to claim the insurance and wanted the car to just be condemned but they said we (insurance co.) cannot do so coz car can be repaired . So they would rather just repair my car than giving me money . I got injured in that accident damn it !!! I F***** hated them for that but I had no choice . As for now i'm still waiting for the roof and other body parts possibly left front and back doors from japan . Miraclly the driver's side didnt suffer alot of damages , even the front and back door's glass window didn't break .

About those ferrari mythos , the 1st time i saw it otr made me like ... what was that !!???

Thanx 4 replying and all the best .

Good luck on the repairs.
    2006 WRX
    Opensource STG 2, Epic Engineering
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #032

http://s258.photobucket.com/home/joesubaru7/index
    DD: 2001 2.5RS
    Old: 1998 2.5RS [url]