09 mileage
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 09 mileage within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How's everyone doing on mileage with the 09 WRX? The reason I ask is that I got almost 21 mpg ...

09 mileage

How's everyone doing on mileage with the 09 WRX? The reason I ask is that I got almost 21 mpg driving at times like I stole it, but 14MPG driving it sanely (well, mostly highway, 70-80 mph with a couple of minutes at 118). This seems like excessive consumption.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its called excessive speed! If 118 is your idea of sanely then I would hate to see "like I stole it".

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subieflyer View Post
    I got almost 21 mpg driving at times like I stole it, but 14MPG driving it sanely (well, mostly highway, 70-80 mph with a couple of minutes at 118). This seems like excessive consumption.
    Why does it seem excessive?

Actually, why does it make sense? From what you say, consumption is less when you drive more aggressively and this is counter-intuitive. One would expect consumption to be less when the car is driven less aggressively, not the opposite.

Is there an error?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by DubleUaReX View Post
    Its called excessive speed! If 118 is your idea of sanely then I would hate to see "like I stole it".
    I guess what I mean is that I was getting 21 mpg when I was doing quick spirts going into the boost at every opportunity until I decided to be nicer to my car until it has more miles on it. I wouldn't consider doing a steady 70-90 MPH unusual for a person who drives this kind of car. The 118 incident was very momentary (and less than 4000 rpm for literally twice for 30 seconds) and I wouldn't think it would have that over-all effect over the course of 190 miles. Perhaps you are right about the speed, but I'm really driving like a grandma on my third tank and I'm still sucking the gas like crazy.

Mine has been hovering around 21-22, if the gauge in the car is accurate. Its been more like 18 around town but when I get on the freeway it immediately jumps up to at least 22, if its a long drive, about 25-26.

Are you driving with your windows down on the highway, thats a lot of drag? It makes zero sense to me that you would get better mileage in the city vs the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonwrx View Post

Are you driving with your windows down on the highway, thats a lot of drag? It makes zero sense to me that you would get better mileage in the city vs the highway.

Windows up but air conditioning on. I guess that will eat up some gas too. Hopefully I was wrong about the odometer. I agree with everyone that it totally doesn't make sense.

you might get better millage if you followed the Subaru Recommend Brake in process.
    Which is stay under 4000rpm for the first 1000-1250 miles, and try to keep the boost low.

M16
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    you might get better millage if you followed the Subaru Recommend Brake in process.
    Which is stay under 4000rpm for the first 1000-1250 miles, and try to keep the boost low.
    ya i agree my 1st week with car(08 WRX) i was getting like 16 mpg in the city. I was like goin way above 4000 rpm with the shifting. I then realized i was broke after a week(im working at target at minimum wage) and started driving like a grandma , and now the car says im getting 18.9 in the city .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.