New to turbos. Need help with a problem. also steering problem.

This is a discussion on New to turbos. Need help with a problem. also steering problem. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Turbo problem 1: Im in 3rd for example rolling at 2,500 and I punch it and it takes a good ...

New to turbos. Need help with a problem. also steering problem.

Turbo problem 1: Im in 3rd for example rolling at 2,500 and I punch it and it takes a good 3-4 seconds to finally reach full boost.

Turbo problem 2: In high gears at speeds above 60mph when i try to accelerate my boost shoots up and down repetitively wobbling back and forth, jerking me forward and back. It wont stay at a constant amount of boost and acceleration.

Steering problem: I just got over 100,000 miles and my steering play is way to wide. I can turn it 20 degrees left or right and it wont move a tad. There is very little responsiveness at all.

I appreciate all help, I dont know a whole lot about turbo systems and am clueless as what to do. Thank you.
    Last edited by didirey001; 10-23-2008 at 01:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well the first problem is probably turbo lag. that is pretty much normal of most turbo cars. 2nd do you have a boost leak?. 3rd check out your front end, you might have some loose parts up there or a bad rack