08 Low Power and other problem

This is a discussion on 08 Low Power and other problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought an 08 WRX (my first and stock) and seem to be having (what I think) are problems: 1: ...

08 Low Power and other problem

I bought an 08 WRX (my first and stock) and seem to be having (what I think) are problems:

1: It feels like I have a studder. I feel a slight studder when accelerating. I have had turbo cars before (2005 A4) and would not attribut to turbo lag

2: I think the car feels under-powered. A co-worker has a scion (not sure the model but it a sportier one). If we take off at the same time time I VERY slow take him but come on, it is a scion. Had the same problem when trying to take a v6 camaro as well. Very embarassing.

3: Quick take offs make a smell, I think it may be the clutch. I'm not making it slip, just hard take off's.

I'm wondering if these problems are some what normal? Have others noticed the same issues? Could not find other posts on the issues so if they are out there please point me to them.

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb View Post
    I bought an 08 WRX (my first and stock) and seem to be having (what I think) are problems:

1: It feels like I have a studder. I feel a slight studder when accelerating. I have had turbo cars before (2005 A4) and would not attribut to turbo lag

2: I think the car feels under-powered. A co-worker has a scion (not sure the model but it a sportier one). If we take off at the same time time I VERY slow take him but come on, it is a scion. Had the same problem when trying to take a v6 camaro as well. Very embarassing.

3: Quick take offs make a smell, I think it may be the clutch. I'm not making it slip, just hard take off's.

I'm wondering if these problems are some what normal? Have others noticed the same issues? Could not find other posts on the issues so if they are out there please point me to them.

thanks!
    when did you get it?

the gears are pretty torquey, the studder is probably because your not being smooth enough with the gas and clutch. under-powered? ehhh maybe compared to the 09 wrx! haha, and that smell, haha, dude you're burning your clutch! you're not letting your clutch out fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8nchill53 View Post
    when did you get it?

the gears are pretty torquey, the studder is probably because your not being smooth enough with the gas and clutch. under-powered? ehhh maybe compared to the 09 wrx! haha, and that smell, haha, dude you're burning your clutch! you're not letting your clutch out fast enough.
    second that, the studder happens to me when i don't gas and clutch "perfectly", i just smoked a Tc today and i've ridden in numerous one's, can't say they feel as torquey as my wrx...and i've never had a smell come from my wrx, i only get that new car smell everytime i get in, and my cars already 3 months old!

perhaps you're feeling frustrated because you didn't get the '09?

"You go out at night, eatin' cars
    You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
    Mercuries and Subarus" - Rapture

Quote Originally Posted by wrx4lunch View Post
    second that, the studder happens to me when i don't gas and clutch "perfectly", i just smoked a Tc today and i've ridden in numerous one's, can't say they feel as torquey as my wrx...and i've never had a smell come from my wrx, i only get that new car smell everytime i get in, and my cars already 3 months old!

perhaps you're feeling frustrated because you didn't get the '09?
    haha, i'm frustrated i didn't get the 09! i want that extra 41 hp haha. and that bigger spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8nchill53 View Post
    haha, i'm frustrated i didn't get the 09! i want that extra 41 hp haha. and that bigger spoiler.
    lol i didn't mean YOU per say, i meant the OP...although i would like the beefed up suspension...but eh i can't complain, im glad i can afford a new car during this economic crisis...

"You go out at night, eatin' cars
    You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
    Mercuries and Subarus" - Rapture

Quote Originally Posted by wrx4lunch View Post
    lol i didn't mean YOU per say, i meant the OP...although i would like the beefed up suspension...but eh i can't complain, im glad i can afford a new car during this economic crisis...
    hahah yeah well, i that other guy hans't been posting, didn't wanna leave you hangin.

+1 to new cars.