02 wrx - Not so Healthy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 wrx - Not so Healthy within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought my 02 bug-eye in 2004 with thirty thousand miles on it. Since then it has been the only ...

Question 02 wrx - Not so Healthy

I bought my 02 bug-eye in 2004 with thirty thousand miles on it. Since then it has been the only car I have owned and itís been through a lot with me. Over the years I have added some minor mods, nothing crazy.

- TurboXs 2.5 inch turbo back exhaust
    -Short ram intake
    -Exedy organic clutch and flywheel

I have never had any major problems with my Subaru until the past month or so. It started with my transmission. You know that whistling siren sound that your WRX makes when youíre down shifting? The one where your buddy in the back says he thinks he hears the cops? Well that noise has turned into more of a vibrating rattle sound.

The next problem that Iím dealing with has to do with my revs. When I start my car (every 1 for 5 times) the revs immediately drop and my car stalls out. In order to get her running I need to rev the engine up a little above 1500 RPM's to flatten out my tack.

Not to mention Iím from the Nazi regime of Massachusetts and canít get an Fíing inspection sticker because of my ďillegalĒ window tint. BS!

The car has 104K on it now, and Iím aware that this is the time where **** hits the fan. Before I take her to the doc just wanted to see if anyone has dealt with similar problems or has any advice.
    BUGEYE

South shore MASS

20 percent...I'm too good to be seen

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My 2002 has 113,000 miles on it and still going strong. I just had it in for maintenance on Friday. They had nothing major to report other than the usual wear and tear of everyday life. I do have to replace my engine and tranny mounts though which I ordered today (Group-N's).

Every now and again when I downshift, say, from 3rd into 2nd, when it hits a certain RPM it'll start making a "rattling" type sound but then stop when it goes past that very specific RPM range.

Other than that, everything's good (**knock on wood)
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.