Subaru WRX Forum banner

How Do I remove the Headlight assembly?

12K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  EvoEatr 
#1 ·
I have an 02 Impreza, not a WRX unfortunately,

after a while of searching around, I concluded that this forum was the most knowledgable.

I need to remove the drivers headlight assembly so I can sand it down, it was burned in an oxidation removal attempt with a buffer lol,

and needless to say, I have no idea how to remove the headlight assembly, so any insight into how I would go about doing that would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

#2 ·
02 Impreza are i believe still bugeyes...so its pretty easy....open hood, undo headlight/parking light connectors, remove the little side trim piece next to the headlight (two clips i believe) (between the grill and the headlight housing),than i think its two 10mm bolts up top and there may be one on the side after you get the trim off.....if your at all mechanically inclined its not that hard at all....if you have any other trouble this link should help you out...i found it a little while ago and has proved very helpful for me....the 02 impreza service manuals.... Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.