2006 wrx throwing code

This is a discussion on 2006 wrx throwing code within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my friend's 2006 wrx wagon just started throwing a code tonight. we drove over to autozone and had it read, ...

Thumbs down 2006 wrx throwing code

my friend's 2006 wrx wagon just started throwing a code tonight. we drove over to autozone and had it read, it came out as:

p2443 second air injection valve stuck closed, bank 2

anyone have any ideas? it would be a huge help.
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a fault with the air pump. The main unit is the black object on the right strut tower. It has tubing going to two valves (follow the lines). Since the car is an 06 it should still have a valid emissions component warranty. Have the dealer fix the fault under the emissions warranty.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.