Big boost issue> please help

This is a discussion on Big boost issue> please help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so I have a 2007 WRX. I just put a catless TBE on it and attempted to flash to ...

Thumbs down Big boost issue> please help

Ok, so I have a 2007 WRX. I just put a catless TBE on it and attempted to flash to stage 2. Apparently my accessport's dongle was outdated so it could not reflash, so I ended up having to do a realtime stage 2 over my stage1 preset. Ok, so here's the issue. My car is running really weak. My boost has just been cut to about 1/3 to 1/2. I can hit about 13psi only in third at around 5,000 RPM. So my dongle is already on the way to COBB to be fixed. In the meantime I checked everything over, trying to find a vaccuum or boost leak, whatever. Nothing, the little black triangular gasket from my BPV is missing, but I had is replaced with a temporary make-shift gasket, but that's not the issue because It's still not boosting.
    So, I borrowed my friend's AP dongle (an up-to-date one) and used it to reflash to STAGE2 (by cobb's instruction) and even with it finally reflashed, it still ran the same. Then we realtimed to stage 1. Still ran the same. So we flashed back to stock, to see if it was a mechanical issue or whether is was just the AP map. Now in stock, the car would not idle. It would fire, then immediately kill. So we unmarried the AP altogether. Now the car won't fire at all. WTF is happening. So we remarry the AP and install with stage2 map. NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN IT DRIVES LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO! WTF. Now here's the bigger problem, now i'm all happy and driving down the road like "yay, i'm finally stage 2" and after a mile, it all of a sudden goes back to driving with the heavily restricted boost. I called COBB this morning and they said my Boost control selenoid may be out, and I should test it with a meter. First off I don't know where exactly it is, I looked, cannot find anything on the internet either. He also said to check my restrictor pill. Now, no lines have been touched or moved or disconnected so I'm assuming it's still there. But in the mean time while I check things out...PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

FIXED.

PROBLEM:

Divorced Wastegate protruding flange was sticking out a little to far into the turbo cause the wastegate door to hit it and prevent it from opening hence causing the restricted boost issue.

SOLUTION:

Removed the downpipe and ground off the divorce flange and reinstalled downpipe, cleared all CEL's and now runs perfectly.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you very much for posting the solution to your problem!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts