overheating issue

This is a discussion on overheating issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i'll start from the very beginning. my car is a 2003 wrx this past weekend i installed a gm ...

overheating issue

so i'll start from the very beginning. my car is a 2003 wrx

this past weekend i installed a gm bcs, and tuned my car to stage 2 using an xpt map. i logged my car twice and got back, and noticed that i had mechanical boost creep, and was pushing 18.43 psi. so i diagnosed the problem, and found a leaking hose going from the wastegate to the bcs. i replaced the hose, but also did a log with the wgdc at 0% to make sure the wastegate wasn't messed up. so after that test was done i put the wgdc back to what the map had it at, did a test, no boost creep and psi was normal. on my way home i stopped in a parking lot to check the log. i left my car running, and noticed when i was starting to leave that it was beginning to overheat. but when i would drive the temp would go down. i pulled into another parking lot and let it sit, and sure enough it went up again. so after that i went home checked the fluids, and the fans. both are just fine. so last night i tried burping the line, and i drove around and stopped and it started overheating. so i'm thinking water pump...BUT i let the car cool down for a few hours. i loosened the snorkel so i could get to the hose and just burped the line for a few minutes. then i took the car out and now it's not overheating any more. so that probably means that there was air in the line. so what do you guys think could be causing the leak. i can't smell coolant when the engine is running, there is plenty of coolant in the reservoir, there's no oil in the coolant, and there's no coolant leaking out under the car or anything. i'm completly lost. i'm going to try to find someone with a pressure tester to see if there is a leak that is letting air in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so you said you checked the fans.....do the fans do come on at the proper temp?