boost guage question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on boost guage question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have one of those turbo gauges that are mounted on the steering column, i just got the car and ...

Lightbulb boost guage question

i have one of those turbo gauges that are mounted on the steering column, i just got the car and in the glove box i found instructions for it and it looks like the kit was made by Subaru. i was wondering if i could swap out the gauge for an Autometer boost gauge without changing the lines coming in from the engine bay. the gauge on it now doesn't light up so i know i would probably need to run power to it but will the vacuum line be OK to run the aftermarket gauge?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

vacuum line is vacuum line. just make sure that it's a tight fit, otherwise you won't get an accurate reading.

sorry for the noob question, is the gauge supposed to light up?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0274.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	80626

Bump, I would like to know as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jclarkwrx View Post
    vacuum line is vacuum line. just make sure that it's a tight fit, otherwise you won't get an accurate reading.
    Vacuum line can be different but usually is the hard plastic about 1/8" OD type for boost gauge applications. And my Autometer boost gauge lights up.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Yes, that gauge should light up at night.

Check to make sure there are power wires connected to the gauge. Maybe your light bulb has gone out?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.