Benefit of a drop in K&N?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Benefit of a drop in K&N? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 02 wrx, no mods. I've searched the posts here and have seen 'will run lean' and 'will be OK'. Are ...

Benefit of a drop in K&N?

02 wrx, no mods.

I've searched the posts here and have seen 'will run lean' and 'will be OK'. Are there any actual benefits in this car?

(I posted here since I figured it was a complete newbie question)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

By "Drop In", you do mean the K&N version of the stock air filter right? If so...it's just a filter. No gains/No loses.
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

no problem with it oiling up the mass airflow sensor ever in the wrx's? i had a tacoma toyota that the oil from the K&N out of the box, not after i cleaned it and reapplied the oil caused a soiling of the MAFS and it threw codes. i wont even get into the BS with toyota, K&N and the warrantee that concludes the story in me getting a new MAFS....

toby
    ktm dool-sport

I've been running a K&N drop in replacement on my '02 for over a 100,000 miles w/ no problem. I cleaned my maf once to see if it was suffering from the oil but didn't notice any difference. Seems fine to me.

When I first put it in it seemed like the car revved a little quicker and I could hear the turbo a little more. Small gains if any, but it has paid for itself over time vs. replacing the paper filter every 12,000 miles or so. I would recommend it.

Later, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

nooooooo gainsssss. Woohoo
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.