stuttering/hesitating while trying to maintain speed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stuttering/hesitating while trying to maintain speed within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys and gals i'm quite new to suby's but am learning quick but i've got a peoblem with my ...

stuttering/hesitating while trying to maintain speed

hey guys and gals i'm quite new to suby's but am learning quick but i've got a peoblem with my 1993 wrx jdm impreza,

if i am accellerating the car drives fine but if i try to cruise and just maintain a set speed 30mph round town or 60-70mph on motorway it hesitates/stutters/kangaroos whatever ya wanna call it i've done usual things changed plugs for new ngk platinum, full oil and filter change with 10w-40semi as it's got 100k on clock. tried maf sensor. replaced turbo-intercooler pipe as it was split, replaced both springs and both pistons in my forge atmospheric dump valve as it was leaking slightly but i still can't work out why it hesitates when cruising.

it's also in for a new box the moro as 5th was shagged when i got the car.

it's got samco hose for turbo-intercooler pipe
    forge dump valve
    cat back stainliss with 4"pipe
    it looks like the centre and front pipes have been cut open in past and has had cat/silencing removed

however it's running standard air box with hks panel filter
    standard map and boost so if anyone has any ideas don't be shy i won't bite

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you replaced the O2 sensors yet?Maybe try some fuel injector cleaner or professional injector cleaning.Also maybe try a combustion chamber cleaning.Try doing a compression/leakdown test on the motor.Maybe a resistance test on the ignitor coil and plug wires.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.