stuttering/hesitating while trying to maintain speed

This is a discussion on stuttering/hesitating while trying to maintain speed within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys and gals i'm quite new to suby's but am learning quick but i've got a peoblem with my ...

stuttering/hesitating while trying to maintain speed

hey guys and gals i'm quite new to suby's but am learning quick but i've got a peoblem with my 1993 wrx jdm impreza,

if i am accellerating the car drives fine but if i try to cruise and just maintain a set speed 30mph round town or 60-70mph on motorway it hesitates/stutters/kangaroos whatever ya wanna call it i've done usual things changed plugs for new ngk platinum, full oil and filter change with 10w-40semi as it's got 100k on clock. tried maf sensor. replaced turbo-intercooler pipe as it was split, replaced both springs and both pistons in my forge atmospheric dump valve as it was leaking slightly but i still can't work out why it hesitates when cruising.

it's also in for a new box the moro as 5th was shagged when i got the car.

it's got samco hose for turbo-intercooler pipe
    forge dump valve
    cat back stainliss with 4"pipe
    it looks like the centre and front pipes have been cut open in past and has had cat/silencing removed

however it's running standard air box with hks panel filter
    standard map and boost so if anyone has any ideas don't be shy i won't bite

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you replaced the O2 sensors yet?Maybe try some fuel injector cleaner or professional injector cleaning.Also maybe try a combustion chamber cleaning.Try doing a compression/leakdown test on the motor.Maybe a resistance test on the ignitor coil and plug wires.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S