Brake light on idiot cluster

This is a discussion on Brake light on idiot cluster within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, Quick question. I was driving to the bus stop for work today and I noticed the brake light ...

Brake light on idiot cluster

Hey all,

Quick question. I was driving to the bus stop for work today and I noticed the brake light on the idiot cluster came on. I didn't have my AP with me unfortunately. If I did, could I have pulled over and it would have told me the code? Also, I thought my pads still had some life left but could low pads throw the light? I'm going to check for brake fluid when I get home as I know a maybe going around a turn the level set the sensor off. It went off after only a couple minutes but if I can pull the code next time I will (I'm putting the AP back in the car tonight). If anyone has had a similar experience?
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorocker View Post
    Hey all,
    I didn't have my AP with me unfortunately. If I did, could I have pulled over and it would have told me the code?
    No.

Also, I thought my pads still had some life left but could low pads throw the light?
    If the fluid level drops the circuit is activated. The fluid level will drop when the pads wear and/or if there is a leak. Check the fluid level, find out why it's dropping.

but if I can pull the code next time I will (I'm putting the AP back in the car tonight). If anyone has had a similar experience?
    The brake circuit does not generate codes. The ABS circuit does, but that's not what you're describing.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 10-08-2008 at 07:10 AM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a hunch that it wouldnt throw a readable code. I'll just check the fluid level when I get home and double check my pads. I've been wanting to upgrade to a set of hawk pads and it looks like now is a good time
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026