~Underboosting/\Explicit content~ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on ~Underboosting/\Explicit content~ within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Black X Dahlia I see I see. Hmm i just thought of something. When your WG duty ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Black X Dahlia View Post
    I see I see.

Hmm i just thought of something. When your WG duty is at 0%, your solenoid valve stays fully closed, causing you to run mechanical boost. And a WG Duty setting of 100% will force the solenoid to stay fully open, and in turn run maximum boost pressure. Meaning if my solenoid was bad, then i would be running 0% WG Duty right? My WG Duty is at 75%, meaning the wastegate possibly being the problem is possibly out the door?
    Basiclly what myoncologist said,WG duty cycle doesn't mean a whole lot if the boost solenoid crapped out.The ECU is going to send it a signal regardless and it is not indicative of what the solenoid is doing.Try cleaning out the solenoid with some non-chlorinated brake cleaner.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Okay I just learned something! I need a wideband A/F sensor. Where do you install it? In the up pipe or the downpipe?

I Support ClubWRX
    The wideband you choose will have specific instructions on mounting it.It generally goes after the turbo and before any catalytic convertors.If your running catless,it can go in the downstream O2 sensor bung or if you have like a Helix DP or something they come with a bung right after the bell mouth.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I see, good information. When cleaning the solenoid, do i take it apart and clean the internals?
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Do not take it apart.Just remove one hose and squirt alittle down in the nipple,then re-attach the hose.Then do the other nipple.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Ok thanks for the tips.
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    The wideband you choose will have specific instructions on mounting it.It generally goes after the turbo and before any catalytic convertors.If your running catless,it can go in the downstream O2 sensor bung or if you have like a Helix DP or something they come with a bung right after the bell mouth.
    Im runnin cobb stage 2. would I be able to just remove the rear o2 sensor and plug it in there? if I do remove it will that cause engine trouble?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnowell4ver View Post
    Im runnin cobb stage 2. would I be able to just remove the rear o2 sensor and plug it in there? if I do remove it will that cause engine trouble?
    Engine Management takes car of the CEL/DTC.Now,with that being said,it is fine to remove the rear O2 sensor on any 16 bit ECU (02-05 2.0L WRX).If you have a 06+ WRX with 2.5L or a 04+ STi then you need to leave the rear O2 in place and add a new bung in or if you have a DP that has one in the top of the bell mouth use that.My LC-1 sensor came with a weld in bung just in case and my Helix dp had one in the bellmouth.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12