P0031 code...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on P0031 code... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ... Here is what my computer told me. It is a powertrain code. H025 Heater control circuit low (bank 1 ...

Registered User DonkeyHarlequin's Avatar

P0031 code...

... Here is what my computer told me. It is a powertrain code.
    H025 Heater control circuit low (bank 1 sensor 1). Does anyone know what this is. And is it hard to fix?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know it has been answered before. I used the search on the forum and it kept telling me it was locked out and to contact a moderator. I actually found it linked from google back to this site after I posted. It sounds like it is the front O2 sensor. I just didn't understand why it was calling it a heater control.

someone correct me if im wrong here but......theres a heater in the 02 sensor to get it up to temp. quicker....your 02 sensor either has 3 or 4 wires...1 is the signal wire for the computer, 1 is the ground wire, 1 is the power (i believe) for the heater circuit , and if you have a 4th i believe its another ground for the heater circuit (if you only have a 3 wire i think both circuits share a common ground)
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 10-04-2008 at 10:02 PM.

i fixed this problem on my 03 wrx by installing an OEM sensor. i first made the mistake of buying a universal sensor. . . the ECU did not detect it and the CEL came right back on after clearing the code. installed OEM part, cleared code and problem solved

Thanks to all that posted. Now I just need to swallow the pill of paying $150ish dollars for the damned thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.