P0031 code...

This is a discussion on P0031 code... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ... Here is what my computer told me. It is a powertrain code. H025 Heater control circuit low (bank 1 ...

Registered User DonkeyHarlequin's Avatar

P0031 code...

... Here is what my computer told me. It is a powertrain code.
    H025 Heater control circuit low (bank 1 sensor 1). Does anyone know what this is. And is it hard to fix?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know it has been answered before. I used the search on the forum and it kept telling me it was locked out and to contact a moderator. I actually found it linked from google back to this site after I posted. It sounds like it is the front O2 sensor. I just didn't understand why it was calling it a heater control.

someone correct me if im wrong here but......theres a heater in the 02 sensor to get it up to temp. quicker....your 02 sensor either has 3 or 4 wires...1 is the signal wire for the computer, 1 is the ground wire, 1 is the power (i believe) for the heater circuit , and if you have a 4th i believe its another ground for the heater circuit (if you only have a 3 wire i think both circuits share a common ground)
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 10-04-2008 at 09:02 PM.

i fixed this problem on my 03 wrx by installing an OEM sensor. i first made the mistake of buying a universal sensor. . . the ECU did not detect it and the CEL came right back on after clearing the code. installed OEM part, cleared code and problem solved

Thanks to all that posted. Now I just need to swallow the pill of paying $150ish dollars for the damned thing.