Winter Time Storage!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Winter Time Storage! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys i was wondering if there was a thread about this? i live in chicago and im keeping my ...

Winter Time Storage!

hey guys i was wondering if there was a thread about this? i live in chicago and im keeping my wrx in the garage this winter i was wondering what should i do to keep it safe for our long freezing balls winter. what do you guys do? thanks! logan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Keeping it in a Garage is awesome.
    Few things to do : Wash, Wax, and Oil change.

If it's going to be not driven for 4 months or more put some fuel stabilizer in the tank.

There are a few threads on this forum about storing cars, do a search, you'll find something.

ok i found a nice one. thanks. its gonna be a long winter with no race car to drive....

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMWRX2002 View Post
    ok i found a nice one. thanks. its gonna be a long winter with no race car to drive....
    Good for you for searching. Winter storage is a topic that has been discussed previously at length.

FYI, get some dedicated winter tires. It's fun to drive your AWD racecar during the winter too.

yeah i got another old svx for the winter... but hear near chicago they throw tons of salt every where so im doing it as a rust prevention...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.