02 wrx possible bad turbo

This is a discussion on 02 wrx possible bad turbo within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello, all new here. have an 02 wrx 2.0 I believe the turbo is bad. here's what it is doing. ...

02 wrx possible bad turbo

hello, all new here. have an 02 wrx 2.0 I believe the turbo is bad. here's what it is doing. smokes like crazy when you start it up (oil) goes away after a few. still boosts but engine is missing so feels sluggish until the r's come up to about 3000. took the cooler off today and throttle body was full of oil and so was cooler. now I only see two ways of getting oil into the cooler, turbo or vent tube comming off of engine block. Ohh one more thing boost gage is reading negative numbers. i just got this car and in this condition. If it is so that the turbo is bad what are some good choices. can I use a TD05-H supposed to be a big 16

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bkautoman View Post
    now I only see two ways of getting oil into the cooler, turbo or vent tube comming off of engine block.
    I agree, so check the PCV valve first. If the valve is stuck that might explain the oil.

Ohh one more thing boost gage is reading negative numbers. i just got this car and in this condition. If it is so that the turbo is bad what are some good choices. can I use a TD05-H supposed to be a big 16
    That's discouraging though. You can use a 16G as long as the fittings (orientation) are for a Subaru, but you'll need more fuel and a different map too.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

just to let you know what i found to be the problem was too much boost. blew the side of one of the pistons out. waiting on parts to repair