Got a flat on my 08 WRX

This is a discussion on Got a flat on my 08 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK i was going to school, and i think i hit a curb while taking a turn, and all of ...

M16

Got a flat on my 08 WRX

OK i was going to school, and i think i hit a curb while taking a turn, and all of a sudden i hear this sssss noise coming from my tire, then i get out and see to my horror that it was a flat tire. The question is what do i do now, i think the hole is pretty big. I was actually going to my auto tech class when this happened, should i call the Subaru road side assistance, or what?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You could either call roadside or change it yourself. Make sure your in a safe place to change it.

???? i'm assuming you got were you were going? that or your taking the time to post this question on the side of the road? i'd change to the spare and go to a tire shop asap to replace your almost certainly ruined tire. check your wheel too and see if you put a serious dent in it too as it will be out of balance or could even be so severly bent air will leak out between the bead and the lip making the wheel useless too. i doubt that happened though. how had did you hit this thing?
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

M16
    Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    ???? i'm assuming you got were you were going? that or your taking the time to post this question on the side of the road? i'd change to the spare and go to a tire shop asap to replace your almost certainly ruined tire. check your wheel too and see if you put a serious dent in it too as it will be out of balance or could even be so severly bent air will leak out between the bead and the lip making the wheel useless too. i doubt that happened though. how had did you hit this thing?
    K i got home, i was going to my auto tech class, i was late and was speeding i was going 50 in about 25mph zone but i braked i think to 20 or 15 when i hit it, there are no dents or any other problem whatsoever, im just gonna go friday after school and get the tire fixed, hope that doesnt cost much since, my paycheck isnt that huge, i am 17 working part time.

Quote Originally Posted by M16 View Post
    K i got home, i was going to my auto tech class, i was late and was speeding i was going 50 in about 25mph zone but i braked i think to 20 or 15 when i hit it, there are no dents or any other problem whatsoever, im just gonna go friday after school and get the tire fixed, hope that doesnt cost much since, my paycheck isnt that huge, i am 17 working part time.
    I was about to say opportunity for new wheels/tyres!

hey man I was 17 when I got my WRX
    just be safe out there
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

M16
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
    I was about to say opportunity for new wheels/tyres!

hey man I was 17 when I got my WRX
    just be safe out there
    yeap i only have this car for a year i have been driving it for 3 weeks, and i love it, i have driven many cars, in our family of 3 we have 4 cars, my moms 08 BMW 550i is fun but my WRX is waaaaay better.

the WRX will be my dads after one year, since i have enlisted in USMC, and my boot date is aug 09, but ill enjoy it.

ill post some pics of the car with the crappy spare tire if yall wanna laugh at me.

the only mods i have is tinted windows, 4% in the back 70% in the front. I want to get an SPT exhaust but cant affford it and want some ASA rims, but cant afford it with my ****ty job, the good thing is that my dad agreed to pay for the tire.