i have a question on a engine noise.....

This is a discussion on i have a question on a engine noise..... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; after i changed my spark plugs on my 02 wrx...it started making a noise sounding like, putting a baseball card ...

i have a question on a engine noise.....

after i changed my spark plugs on my 02 wrx...it started making a noise sounding like, putting a baseball card on your bicycle wheel....but its coming from the engine when it warms up and i give it alittle gas....any answers...thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

niose

i would actually check to make shure ur plugs are in. kas i had somtin like that happen to me on my s10. it was actually kinda funny in a way....jus a thought

when i changed my spark plugs on my 02 they didnt feel like they where that tight i could loosen them with my fingers no need for a rachet. id also recheck the plugs make sure there thight.

Did you gap them properly with a feeler gauge?

Did you use a torque wrench to tighten them? If not there's a chance you could actually make it too tight. Under the immense pressures and the heat they face, that ceramic can actually crack and rattle.

Are the coils attached properly?
    Last edited by pfsquirrel; 10-06-2008 at 12:04 PM.

i actually double checked my plugs and tightness....the car runs great but the noise bothers the hell out of my...but i think its probably my exhaust leak getting bigger....i will have to check...thanks for the answers..

Bout its an exhaust leak... as the car gets hotter the leak will seal and the noise will go away... I would trace all the steps taken when working on the car. Double check EVERYTHING you touched.
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135