cel & cruise control problem

This is a discussion on cel & cruise control problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just removed my intake silencer, and i unplugged the maf sensor to take the airbox off. Everything is now ...

cel & cruise control problem

i just removed my intake silencer, and i unplugged the maf sensor to take the airbox off. Everything is now back together and maf sensor plugged in, but im throwing a CEL plus my cruise control light is blinking.........im really confused. Anyone?
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well after messing around a little bit i learned a few things. I think the ECU turns off your cruise control when you throw some CEL's as some sort of protocol to prevent damage. I ALSO just remembered my a/p shows engine codes, and it read Mass Airflow Low output & also another code reading Intake high output. Guessing it just had to reset due to unplugging the MAF sensor.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Black X Dahlia View Post
    well after messing around a little bit i learned a few things. I think the ECU turns off your cruise control when you throw some CEL's as some sort of protocol to prevent damage. I ALSO just remembered my a/p shows engine codes, and it read Mass Airflow Low output & also another code reading Intake high output. Guessing it just had to reset due to unplugging the MAF sensor.

You may have gotten some crap on the MAF or the contacts need to be cleaned on the plug. Are all the hose clamps tight between the MAF and the turbo?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

yea I made sure all the hoses were clamped tight. The cel and cruise control is gone now. I just drove around till it reset itself, I've seen this happen when unplugging the maf b4