07 WRX Noise from rear deck area

This is a discussion on 07 WRX Noise from rear deck area within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2007 WRX with leather interior. I have this noise coming from the rear deck area above and ...

DRM

07 WRX Noise from rear deck area

I have a 2007 WRX with leather interior. I have this noise coming from the rear deck area above and behind the rear seat back. Sometimes it sounds like a rattle, other times when the car has been sitting out in the sun it sounds more like a rubbing sound. It is really noticable on rough road surfaces, and at speeds under thirty. I have torn out the rear seats and looked under the deck cover and found nothing. I thought it may be the ball in the rear seat belt retractors but now I don't think so. I took it to the dealer and they had it for a week, tore it apart also, but no luck in finding the noise. Anyone have any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi,

I have a 07 sti and have the same rattle. It comes and goes. I read on another forum it could be that black thing that hungs down in to the truck from the underside of the rear deck.

I also have one coming from the LF air conditioner duct.

They are so hard to find. I fxed the one on the drivers door, but sometimes I have one from the sunroof and the RR door.

Not much help, but if you find anything let me know and if I find anything I'll let you know.