07 WRX Noise from rear deck area
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 07 WRX Noise from rear deck area within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2007 WRX with leather interior. I have this noise coming from the rear deck area above and ...

DRM

07 WRX Noise from rear deck area

I have a 2007 WRX with leather interior. I have this noise coming from the rear deck area above and behind the rear seat back. Sometimes it sounds like a rattle, other times when the car has been sitting out in the sun it sounds more like a rubbing sound. It is really noticable on rough road surfaces, and at speeds under thirty. I have torn out the rear seats and looked under the deck cover and found nothing. I thought it may be the ball in the rear seat belt retractors but now I don't think so. I took it to the dealer and they had it for a week, tore it apart also, but no luck in finding the noise. Anyone have any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi,

I have a 07 sti and have the same rattle. It comes and goes. I read on another forum it could be that black thing that hungs down in to the truck from the underside of the rear deck.

I also have one coming from the LF air conditioner duct.

They are so hard to find. I fxed the one on the drivers door, but sometimes I have one from the sunroof and the RR door.

Not much help, but if you find anything let me know and if I find anything I'll let you know.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.