06 wrx brake change questions(4)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 wrx brake change questions(4) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my 06 wrx has stock front brake pads on it. i am changing them to hawk hps and my question ...

06 wrx brake change questions(4)

my 06 wrx has stock front brake pads on it. i am changing them to hawk hps and my question is do i need to replace the shims and pin retainer springs as well, new ones did not come with the pads?

what brake fluid upgrade is compatable with stock fluid when changing brake fluid?

when resurfacing youe rotors what is the min thickness before replacement and i heard after cutting the rotor you re-cut the rotor in reverse("reverse swirll") to gain better pad seating?

any help would be great.. im a noob appreciate everything
    Last edited by gareeyn1chols; 09-26-2008 at 12:52 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gareeyn1chols View Post
    my 06 wrx has stock front brake pads on it. i am changing them to hawk hps and my question is do i need to replace the shims and pin retainer springs as well, new ones did not come with the pads?
    Stock shims & springs will do fine.

what brake fluid upgrade is compatable with stock fluid when changing brake fluid?
    Any Dot3 really

when resurfacing youe rotors what is the min thickness before replacement and i heard after cutting the rotor you re-cut the rotor in reverse("reverse swirll") to gain better pad seating?
    Good question
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I stand corrected but think the rotor min is 23mm. My local subaru dealer skimmed my bugsti disks and yes they did it in reverse...
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

I Support ClubWRX
    Do not reuse the factory shims.The Hawk pads should come with the shims attached to the pads and they are a little thicker than stock.So if your stock pads came with an inner and out shim,just save them and use what comes on the new pads.Make sure you clean the slide pins and regrease them with caliper grease.Also alittle dab of caliper grease on the top and bottom of the pad where it sits in the pad clips/support.Generally turning the rotors is not always needed.The more material removed from a rotor,the less heat it can absorb and disapate.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.