code P0244 wastegate help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on code P0244 wastegate help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; last night i was cruising on the highway doing about 70 in 5th. i floored it and my car bucked ...

code P0244 wastegate help!

last night i was cruising on the highway doing about 70 in 5th. i floored it and my car bucked really bad and my check engine light came on and my cruise light is flashing. i have a catted downpipe and im guessing its bopost spike? i pulled the code on my AP and its P0244 and it says wastegate 'A' is this a serious problem or just a random boost spike that shouldnt happen to often?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's because of the colder weather.

I just had this happen to me over the weekend. I was pulling in third gear trying to get a max boost reading and I got the exact same thing. I didn't take into account that the temperature dropped overnight from 90degrees Friday to around 60ish on Saturday. Turned the boost down a bit, and it hasn't occurred again. I'll probably have to re-tune it again when the temperature drops even more.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.