IC question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on IC question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys! I have a question about my inter cooler. I tried to search first but it was down. I ...

IC question

Hey guys! I have a question about my inter cooler. I tried to search first but it was down. I am in te middle of a oil pressure gauge and I have the IC off. I have never had a turbocharged car before and I would like to know if it would hurt anything to start the car w/ the IC off? I ask because I want to check for any oil leeks at the pressure sender because the IC is a PITA to put back on. I dont want to put that sucker back on and find a leak then have to take it off again. I have been thinking about it for a bit and I dont think it will hurt anything but I figured I'd ask since I'm a noob. oh and sorry for the essay

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would run real rough and probly sputter and die bc ur bringing air into the engine but not past the maf sensor.

i had my ic hose pop off while driving i know.

oh yeah! I forgot the MAF was before the turbo. I'm used to working on my old 72 VW bug, haha! Luckily everything went well and there was no leaks
    Last edited by 181stLeader; 09-24-2008 at 10:54 PM.

yeah this car was a big jump for me ive only worked on N/A cars before and had no idea all the technical perks that a turboed car does.

(last car a 1997 chevi cavalier)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.