had a lil problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on had a lil problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well i tried to get some pics. hopefully u can see it, its the black hose reattached with the metal ...

well i tried to get some pics. hopefully u can see it, its the black hose reattached with the metal clamp thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0087.jpg   DSC_0083.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep, that's the y pipe.

If you take some more pictures of your engine bay we can identify some other stuff for you.

It looks like the previous owner already had a Silicone Y pipe on there, like the Samco set. It also looks like it has the Samco auxiliary pipe set.

i took some other pics so if anyone could identify anything of importance that would be appreciated. like i said i don't know much more than the basics... so i'd love it if anyone would look through em n tell me what u think. thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0086.jpg   DSC_0101.jpg   DSC_0103.jpg   DSC_0106.jpg   DSC_0107.jpg  

DSC_0110.jpg   DSC_0112.jpg   DSC_0113.jpg  

Couple things.
    1. ZipTied to the passenger strut tower is a TurboXS Dual stage boost controller. This is used to manually increase the boost pressure (not the best way to do this).
    2. That Blue line coming from the turbo to the coolant reservoir, is normally black. This is fine as long as it doesn't leak.
    3. The intake looks rather generic, is there any writing on it? The air going though an aftermarket intake could cause the MAF to read incorrectly (unless the ECU is tuned for it).

Is your check engine light (CEL) on?
    On the side of the turbo it should say what the model number it is.
    Does your car have a boost gauge?
    Does the turbo have a heat shield over the down pipe?

Here is a reference picture of the intake/exhaust path

And here's a picture of my engine bay when I bought the car.

Ok, well its a K&N air intake, and i have a turbo-back exhaust, the guy i bought it from said it was mapped correctly so i'm just gonna leave the boost controller alone.

No my CEL is not on, i looked at the turbo it was really hard to make out the number i could see it was a Garrett though(idk if all have that but thats what it said).

I do have a boost gauge i believe its the stock one or something, i'm not totally sure how to read it (i searched and its the same gauge as on the, How to read a turbo gauge thread) it goes from -1 to +.15 i think.

No heat shield on the down pipe b/c of the turbo-back, i think it has an aftermarket up-pipe too. It has headers too but i'm not sure where the headers end and the up-pipe starts, its hard to see.
    and as far as i can see my car isn't close to street legal, but i dont mind that

Garrett is one of many brands of turbo's. The stock TD04, for instance, is made by Mitsubishi.

I've read the K&N intakes are good, but have no first hand experience with them.

You're doing great, and your car is in much better shape than some of the horror story's we've seen here.
    Here's some good reading for you.
    Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    as far as i can see my car isn't close to street legal, but i dont mind that
    You're not going to pass a visual inspection because the stock cats are removed
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 09-29-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12