How the frick... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on How the frick... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 06wrx4me Home depot "Husky" compressor 0. Be one of the best investments you'll ever make if you ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Home depot "Husky" compressor $160.

Be one of the best investments you'll ever make if you plan on being a DIY'er.
    Buy a minimum of a 5hp 60 gallon IR, or don't bother.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I remember seeing on one episode of either Trucks! or Horsepower on Spike during the PowerBlock where they installed an entire system in the shop. Used like, PVC piping and what not. Very slick! I am definitely asking for air tools and supporting accessories for Christmas though
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Buy a minimum of a 5hp 60 gallon IR, or don't bother.
    Well you gotta start somewhere. I driveway mechanic'd for years with a 20 gallon 3 hp 110V or a 5 hp gas powered contractor torpedo setup and made due. No it wasn't the best...but it worked, allowed the job to get done, and I couldn't afford the $1200 IR unit nor did I have a place to put the 60 gallon immobile behemoth.

Quote Originally Posted by STI_KLR View Post
    I remember seeing on one episode of either Trucks! or Horsepower on Spike during the PowerBlock where they installed an entire system in the shop. Used like, PVC piping and what not. Very slick! I am definitely asking for air tools and supporting accessories for Christmas though
    Yes...a fully stocked shop is awesome. We built our shop 3 years ago and its great. I went and bought an 80 gallon 7HP Kobalt compressor and absolutely love the thing. Shop air is plumbed throughout and I already had all the air tools. But I just bought a new house about 20 min away from the family ranch and shop so I may have to install a mini shop in the 3rd car bay, and stock it with some tools. I had them install a dedicated 220v 50amp circuit so I have the ability to run a big compressor or welder for any hot rod projects that may live there instead of in the big shop. I have no need for the big 80 gallon beasty there since I'll be traveling to the other shop for any major work, but a nice 40 gallon unit would be cool. Of course I already have the 20 gallon unit I mentioned and a contractor compressor I may just throw in there but idk.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.