Cel: P0244

This is a discussion on Cel: P0244 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yes, I already searched and found some good information, but I just want to make sure that I covered all ...

Cel: P0244

Yes, I already searched and found some good information, but I just want to make sure that I covered all the bases.

I was driving down a little 2 lane road and decided to find out what my boost was in 3rd. With the AP rigged up and on the boost display, I pulled from about 3500 (downshifted from 4th) to about 6k. Once it hit 6k, the car lurched, threw the CEL, and I immediately dropped the clutch and coasted in neutral to a stop to pull over. I read the code on the AP:

P0244 Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid 'A' Range/Performance

I have done similar pulls over the past few weeks and have had no problems what so ever. I do have a MBC, but it is set to stock boost. The MBC came on the car (so none of that "D0oM ON JOUUUU" nonsense please) and am getting that taken care of soon.

For list of mods, click on the link in my sig and go to my CarDomain page; it's all there.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like boost spike. Was it this morning when it was cooler outside? Do you have a boost guage?
    Last edited by TheJ; 09-20-2008 at 01:56 PM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Sounds like boost spike. Was it this morning when it was cooler outside? Do you have a boost guage?
    It has been cold the past few days. Went from being high 80's, low 90's to about 60ish, I believe. I have the stock boost gauge, but I plan on getting gauges for my bday in 2 weeks...(hopefully).
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

i ran a cel yesterday also. first off, the gas attendant starts pumping 87 octane. i'm running a stage 2 93 octane. stopped it at about 1.3 gallons. fill the rest of the tank up with 93. decide to get on it a little. check engine light with cruise control lights start flashing. forget the name of the cel. figured the 87 octane and 54 degree weather was a factor.
    Protuned Cobb Accessport Stage 2, Cobb Intake, Cobb Catback Exhaust, Cobb Catted Downpipe, Cobb Hardened Shifter Bushings, Kartboy Shifter Lever, Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushing, Perrin Afta-Maf Silicone Airbox Hose, 1 Step Colder NGK Iridium Spark Plugs. Dyno'd = 253 AWDHP, 295 AWDTRQ