Help Please, Car won't Start
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help Please, Car won't Start within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car will start up, then after like 2 seconds of running it dies. What could be the problem? How ...

Help Please, Car won't Start

My car will start up, then after like 2 seconds of running it dies. What could be the problem? How do i go about fixing this.??? Please help.
    Last edited by TheJ; 09-20-2008 at 02:17 PM.
    I love my car ;-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by my_zx32001 View Post
    My car will start up, then after like 2 seconds of running it dies. What could be the problem? How do i go about fixing this.??? Please help.
    so it actually turns over? CEL on? (fuel pump problem maybe??)

I Support ClubWRX
    Could be a number of things. Have you modified the car at all? What model year is it? Has ANYTHING been done to the car recently?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

It turns on for about 2 seconds, then shuts off. I then can try over and over again and the car will continue doing this about 8 times. Of course i give it a couple minutes in between. Then finally it will turn on.(over).

I think it's the fuel filter...I'm going to at least try that first. NO check engine light.
    I love my car ;-)

No mod's at all. Don't have any money :-( Anyways its a 2002 wrx wagon.
    I love my car ;-)

I Support ClubWRX
    I merged the threads. No need for seperate threads on the same issue.

I too would look at the fuel filter.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

No problem, just new.

Any ways i changed the fuel pump and it hasn't done it since. Thank you all for the help! I mean it.
    I love my car ;-)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.