Help with engine problem

This is a discussion on Help with engine problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Gidday I have attempted to change my turbo, with a secongd hand turbo. After the change when I started my ...

Help with engine problem

Gidday I have attempted to change my turbo, with a secongd hand turbo. After the change when I started my EJ20T wrx, it was smoking with white smoke a little. I took it for a drive not too hard, and when I got back it was smoking a little more. Straight away I thought, turbo is no good. I changed back to my old turbo but now I have the same problem. I took it for another drive, and it started to backfire. Got back home and there still is white smoke coming out of the exhaust and it smells heaps like petrol. I have a air fuel gauge and it was reading very very lean.

Can somebody help me and tell me what I can try or what these signs mean?

If you need more info about it just ask and I'll try giv u as much as I can.

Thanks guys.

Wiks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First off the turbo most definitely isn't the problem at hand.

Second, white smoke usually means ring job.

Third, im going to need a list of your mods before i can take a crack at what could be causing you to run lean.
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?