Help blew motor!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help blew motor!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 2004 wrx i blew the motor the other day but i think it blew cause about a ...

Help blew motor!!!!

i have a 2004 wrx i blew the motor the other day but i think it blew cause about a year ago i down shifted from 5th to second yeah dumb move i was tryiing to go catch a cute as chick in a blue WRX 07 which i did lata lol but anyway now i started hearing rattles at low rmps aand the other day started to make a really bad rattlinng noise then going to the dealer it bleew still spoooling though so it wasnt the turbo it was the motor they are ripping it apart to seee if they will warrenty it but all i got is an greddy evo 2 exhaust with a helix high flow down pipe. think they will know what i did to the car all the way back then i heard sutin about flash memory when the car records event like thhat or they will void my warrenty for the exhaust?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My dog just understood that.............. but i didn't.......

Quote Originally Posted by KidWitDaWRX View Post
    i have a 2004 wrx i blew the motor the other day but i think it blew cause about a year ago i down shifted from 5th to second yeah dumb move i was tryiing to go catch a cute as chick in a blue WRX 07 which i did lata lol but anyway now i started hearing rattles at low rmps aand the other day started to make a really bad rattlinng noise then going to the dealer it bleew still spoooling though so it wasnt the turbo it was the motor they are ripping it apart to seee if they will warrenty it but all i got is an greddy evo 2 exhaust with a helix high flow down pipe. think they will know what i did to the car all the way back then i heard sutin about flash memory when the car records event like thhat or they will void my warrenty for the exhaust?
    punctuations my friend, its a gian run-on sentence. Most dealers dont void for just exhaust depending on if they are cool are not. And also depending on what state. But be aware, if they can link the exhaust to your engine blowing your SOL.
    Seriously tho, look at your post. Its hard to read

When i took my car in for a recall they took pic of everything on my car that would not be covered under warrenty...... I think my friend you are already SOL

if you downshifted from 5th to 2nd and your motor was to blow, it would have happened then and there. Im sure the rattling was your destroyed 2nd gear, lol. I can say this...that aftermarket downpipe is a cat delete, and your running it without a tune im guessing since you did not mention you having one. The more free flowing your exhaust is, the better spool/performance your turbo experiences, which is why anything besides cat-back & axel-back exhausts require tuning. You could have been running slightly lean for so long due to your DP/exhaust situation & experienced detonation. And yes tuner mods do void those lovely warranty's, lol. Sorry about your mishap

By the way, be careful how you downshift. I used to downshift like crazy in my Integra GSR when i was younger and i went through 3 clutches plus a tranny under a year. Although the best way to learn is the hard way. I would advise rev matching and taking it easy.....just slamming the gear down puts alot of wear and tear on your stuff.
    Last edited by TheJ; 09-16-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Don't dodge the swear filter
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i was tryiing to go catch a cute as chick in a blue WRX 07
    was she impressed when your car blew up?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks

lol yeah you are right I sound like an idiot but as i was typing this as i was on my way out the door, so i was kind of in a hurry. Plus i knew you guys would get the point. Thanks for the help guys and girls. I will know 2marrow and post if they screwed me over or not. I have to bring them in my maintenance records of oil changes and ect which i just made up cause i did it all myself. And FYI she was impressed i didnt go through the winshield or blow my motor and frankly so was I. It must have hit 10 grand or better cause it pinned 9 on the tac. It is what it is, il throw a STI swap or rebuild mine like I wanted to if worse comes to worse. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated cause i am new to subies I have always been a Honda man still got my JDM teg ls turbo. I have only done little things more cosmetic then performance to my subie. Now that my warrenty is up and probaly my motor if they dont warrenty it. She is gonna be my next project car!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black X Dahlia View Post
    if you downshifted from 5th to 2nd and your motor was to blow, it would have happened then and there. Im sure the rattling was your destroyed 2nd gear, lol. I can say this...that aftermarket downpipe is a cat delete, and your running it without a tune im guessing since you did not mention you having one. The more free flowing your exhaust is, the better spool/performance your turbo experiences, which is why anything besides cat-back & axel-back exhausts require tuning. You could have been running slightly lean for so long due to your DP/exhaust situation & experienced detonation. And yes tuner mods do void those lovely warranty's, lol. Sorry about your mishap

By the way, be careful how you downshift. I used to downshift like crazy in my Integra GSR when i was younger and i went through 3 clutches plus a tranny under a year. Although the best way to learn is the hard way. I would advise rev matching and taking it easy.....just slamming the gear down puts alot of wear and tear on your Sh!T.
    rev matching is by far the way to go when downshifting

but best of luck to you kidwitdawrx

Subaru Called Me Back!!!

I think i am SOL guys they are asking me for oil records now.
    They told me they have never seen a engine look like that. There was more metal shavings in it the oil they said. One piston was destroyed to the point of it look like a tooth pic. The turbo was toast and that nothing was salvageable from that motor, and i need a complete new one. They priced it out at $9400 . I laughed at her and said OK see if the subie rep warranty's it if not STI swap it is. Oh and she said if they approve it i need a new clutch its 800 at of my pocket cause its wear and tear not covered. I was like that's the least of my worries for the moment. I will take pictures and post em lata gtg to my boys shop and make up those Receipts for maintenance records lol

lata gtg to my boys shop and make up those Receipts for maintenance records lol
    Hmm, Insurance Fraud.

Have you heard the phrase "you gotta pay to play"?
    You need to Man up, Kid, and pay for this your self.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Quote Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx View Post
    When i took my car in for a recall they took pic of everything on my car that would not be covered under warrenty...... I think my friend you are already SOL
    Do you think they do this when you go in for basic maintenance?
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Hmm, Insurance Fraud.

Dont be such a sore looser. Insurance company's, most of the time, will find any way possible to screw you out of your benefits. An eye for an eye. As a matter of fact them hoars are going to re-paint my car this weekend or else im gonna have make a hastey entry into the front door of Allstate and proceed to urinating vigorously over Julies Keyboard/Family photo's.

I Support ClubWRX
    First off to the OP:
    Posting on the internet how you are trying to or planning to defraud people is not smart at all. Subaru of America has been know to catch people by discovering information posted on online forums just like this one. In fact I personally know of someone just in the last year that was denied warranty coverage because of information that Subaru discovered on THIS site. Additionally, documenting your attempted fraud is against the club rules as fraud is against the law.

...just slamming the gear down puts alot of wear and tear on your XXXX.
    Do not dodge the swear filter.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Hmm, Insurance Fraud.
    Actually, it appears he is attempting to defraud SOA not an "insurance" company but fraud IS still fraud, either way.

Dont be such a sore looser. Insurance company's, most of the time, will find any way possible to screw you out of your benefits. An eye for an eye. As a matter of fact them hoars are going to re-paint my car this weekend or else im gonna have make a hastey entry into the front door of Allstate and proceed to urinating vigorously over Julies Keyboard/Family photo's.
    What on earth are you talking about?

1) He is trying to defraud SOA not an "insurance" company.

2) In the end, consumers actually pay for fraud NOT companies being defrauded. It's like shop lifting. The extra costs are basically just passed along to the rest of us in the prices.

3) Urinating all over somebody's office, the way you described, would most likely just land you in jail.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?

1) He is trying to defraud SOA not an "insurance" company.

2) In the end, consumers actually pay for fraud NOT companies being defrauded. It's like shop lifting. The extra costs are basically just passed along to the rest of us in the prices.

3) Urinating all over somebody's office, the way you described, would most likely just land you in jail.
    I was only replying to the other guys post in retaliation of him backing insurance companies.

I didnt know it was a supporting members job to blindly try to prove everyone wrong on an open subject

And dude....this is the internet, not the front row seat during a sunday quire session......Im kidding around about urinating....simply stating the fact that i would go to jail for that is like informing Whitney Houston she's a crackhead. Loosen up, grab a beer, and love your wife b4 she leaves you because you chose to show more affection to your computer.

relax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast