07 Limited Air filter help!!

This is a discussion on 07 Limited Air filter help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok with all the Subaru genius' here in these forums this should be an easy one. I have an 07 ...

07 Limited Air filter help!!

Ok with all the Subaru genius' here in these forums this should be an easy one. I have an 07 Wrx LIMITED. I did the silencer Delete and purchased a nice oily new K&N drop in filter. The man at Pep Boys where I purchased the filter told me that the filters EXCLUDE the LIMITED for some odd reason. To anyone's knowledge, is there any difference what so ever from a 07 wrx Air box and the 07 Wrx LIMITED air box? Of course after installing it now that the seed of doubt was planted I could have sworn that it wasn't a tight seal and did not like the way it was running. Someone please shed some wisdom on the subject...thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i highly doubt there is a difference. all of the differences with the limiteds are cosmetic things (sunroof, leather/heated seats, etc). all mechanical things should be identical.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i highly doubt there is a difference. all of the differences with the limiteds are cosmetic things (sunroof, leather/heated seats, etc). all mechanical things should be identical.
    Ah yep. I would not trust a Pep Boys clerk. Look up the part number on K & N's website to be sure. K&N Air Filters, Oil Filters, and Induction Kits- KNN
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Wink

yea I figured as much. It just threw me off that the database at pepboys said that. Between that and the OEM filter fitting SOOOOO much better I was skeptical.

(Oh why thank you, good to be here!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Go formally introduce yourself here: New Member Hangout
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics