Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; We've been having rain like no other in the Midwest (NW Indiana), on my way to work today, I went ...

Banned

Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been having rain like no other in the Midwest (NW Indiana), on my way to work today, I went through a pretty majestic water filled road. There were a few old cars pushing themselves out of it. I figure AWD, let's do it. It made it through about 80% of it, and then the car wanted to die right when I was almost out, but she let me get her out. After it happened I couldn't get the car to over 4K in no matter what. Eventually 5K, and finally I hit the magic 7K. I did reach a point where the water went into the hood scoop from a massive splash from on coming traffic. I'm sure it's somewhat normal, just wanted to ask, is there anything I should do, or it will take of the water itself?

ps. Sorry about the n00b question.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you sure your engine isn't locked up? I hope water didn't get sucked through the intake and hydro locked your engine
    2005 Aspen White WRX Coming Soon

darwins theory

Quote Originally Posted by be1ieve1111 View Post
    We've been having rain like no other in the Midwest (NW Indiana), on my way to work today, I went through a pretty majestic water filled road. There were a few old cars pushing themselves out of it. I figure AWD, let's do it. It made it through about 80% of it, and then the car wanted to die right when I was almost out, but she let me get her out. After it happened I couldn't get the car to over 4K in no matter what. Eventually 5K, and finally I hit the magic 7K. I did reach a point where the water went into the hood scoop from a massive splash from on coming traffic. I'm sure it's somewhat normal, just wanted to ask, is there anything I should do, or it will take of the water itself?

ps. Sorry about the n00b question.
    sounds like you had some water in the engine. Water doesn't compress like air does, and it can cause some unexpected things to happen inside your engines cylinders. I would recommend you drive very easy until you can have the compression checked. There is a good chance that you did some damage.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    AWD doesn't really help you if water is sucked into your engine. After market intakes are even more prone to water ingestion.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Banned
    the engine started running fine as time passed on. I guess i'll have to get it checked to make sure.