Exhaust smoking!

This is a discussion on Exhaust smoking! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not sure where to apply this. I have some smoke coming out from my exhaust. The short block is about ...

Exhaust smoking!

Not sure where to apply this. I have some smoke coming out from my exhaust. The short block is about 1 1/2 years old and about 8,000 miles on it. I was told that it may be the turbo seal, pcv valve or the rings. Any ideas? I just bought a short block to build up so i have options. If its the turbo I have a fresh rebuilt GT2835 ready to go. Let me know. Thanks, Rob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What kinda car is it? What type of shortblock? yes it could be either but if your running the stock 2.0 or 2.5 out of wrx you could be looking at ring. how much boost? List your setup.

03 wrx

Its an 03 WRX with an oem factory short block. It was replaced at a Subaru dealer. I'm running about 15.5 lbs of boost. Turbo back catless exhaust. Invidia v3 downpipe with a Bosal cat back. Aem short ram intake, manual boost controller, catless up pipe, larger tmic. That's about it for now. I do have that GT2835, inlet tube, injectors, BDL fuel rails and Walbro 255 pump ready to go, but not installed.
    Last edited by subyrex03; 09-08-2008 at 12:38 PM.

With those types of mods you don't have any EM. Pluse half of the mods you listed do nothing but hurt your car and do nothing for power at your level. You are catless and untuned with an intake and a MBC God is the only thing that can hlep your car. Listen man you already had to have the shortblock replaced. I would get AP or some type of tune. to run a stg 2 map. Its kinda hard to give you an answer to your problem with all these parts just thrown on your car. MY FRIEND READ