timing belt question

This is a discussion on timing belt question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; At what milage should I change the belt on my 05 WRX? What other part should I change while doing ...

timing belt question

At what milage should I change the belt on my 05 WRX? What other part should I change while doing it i.e. water pump, tentioner? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    On the 2002 cars the belt is required at 105,000 mi. Check your own owner's manual though to make sure the interval has not been changed.

The tensioners and water pump are popular items to replace whether they need it or not since everything's apart anyway. You may as well do the external belts as well, they come off first, and the coolant if you didn't do it at 90K.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

also any seals that may be leaking...i.e...crank,cam or i have even seen people do them as maintaince items also..again "while your in there"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr
    also any seals that may be leaking...i.e...crank,cam or i have even seen people do them as maintaince items also..again "while your in there"
    +1

cam seals
    crank seals
    idler pulleys
    accessory belts
    oil pump o-ring
    hydraulic tensioner
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks all.