Faulty of spark plug lead to lean
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Faulty of spark plug lead to lean within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, i'm new here and i'm driving a V5 tyre r STI,currently i have encountered a pro,when i fix ...

Faulty of spark plug lead to lean

Hey guys, i'm new here and i'm driving a V5 tyre r STI,currently i have encountered a pro,when i fix my new boost ctrl,the staff who fix my boost ctrl sayin my engine runnin lean....and i have check all my fueling system everything seem to be normal and without faulty esp my fuel pump,fuel regulator and fuel injector. Only today i have change my spark plug and noted one of it was not good due to faulty of the spark plug cable. My point here is is it possible of faulty spark plug o cable makin ur engine cannot supply enuf fuel and lead to lean? Jus before i send my car for retuned i need to ensure first coz my ecu has been tuning and no mod was done after tunin...i guess it's not tunin pro....and i don wan to spend excess money for tunin since it is not due to tuning pro...anywhere i'm going to send my car back for setting my boost and dyno next week....hope to hear from u guys soon....thanks a lot....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No, a sparkplug shouldn't cause a lean condition. All a bad sparkplug would cause is a misfire in that cylinder. If you have put on a boost controller, what kind of engine management have you put on? I you haven't put on any, that could cause your lean condition right there. Your boost controller is increasing the boost, but without engine management to tell the pump and injectors to increase the fuel, you are running lean.
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Thanks man,actually i jus replace my greedy boost ctrl to HKS evc,and setting back the same boost as like before and i'm using microtech ecu and has been fine tuned since 2 yrs ago...n all d while i never do any upgrade others than jus replace those worn out stuff...but i already send my car for checkin my fuel pump,fuel regulator n everything seem to be fine...anywhere how do u know if fuel injector is not functionin well?so far from wat the mechanic has checked my engine is doing well no pro at all...i don think it should be tuning pro...some saying might be the tuning gone...wat do u think?i also worry that it might due to one of the mapping sensor(fuel readin) in my ecu not runnin so unable to read the fuel system...wat i can do nw jus to wait for the tuner to check my ecu wit the micotech computer system in the comin oct...thanks for ur reply...hope to share more info wit u guys....really appreciate ur comments here!!!!
    Last edited by gior1683; 09-08-2008 at 04:09 AM.

Hi guys...jus to share some info here....currently i jus chnage my spark plug and the truth is that one of my spark plug really nt working....jus only today...send my car for dyno and setting my boost....no more lean!!!!Be aware if this pro happen to u....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.