soaking floor
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on soaking floor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi all i have just purchased a 98 scooby turbo and the passenger floor carpet is soaked ive had the ...

Question soaking floor

hi all i have just purchased a 98 scooby turbo and the passenger floor carpet is soaked ive had the carpet up but cant see no damage to the floor or any wholes can anyone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Theres several things to check...

You're heater core could be gone which the year sounds about right that it would go out this time....

If your antenna is on the right I have heard of those leaking over time.

So check your coolant level if its still decent then I dunno what else to tell you. As I don't know subie motors but the symptoms you provide are a common thing on any vehicle that the heater core goes out on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a down pipe installed and/or has the heat shield been removed?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by DstrbdTech View Post
    Theres several things to check...

You're heater core could be gone which the year sounds about right that it would go out this time....

If your antenna is on the right I have heard of those leaking over time.

So check your coolant level if its still decent then I dunno what else to tell you. As I don't know subie motors but the symptoms you provide are a common thing on any vehicle that the heater core goes out on.
    thankyou very much i will check these tommorow and see what turns up thanks again

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess I'll take that as a "no".
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Do you have a down pipe installed and/or has the heat shield been removed?
    hi there the heat shield still seems to be in plaice and the down pipe seems standard im baffeld?

I Support ClubWRX
    There can be an issue where the lines that go through the fire wall of the passenger side, can over time become damaged by the increased heat off of after market down pipes and/or where the OEM heat shield has been removed. Especially if the lines have been moved and not secured properly. There was a recent thread on this issue. I searched quickly but was unable to find it, right this second.

I would definitely check any areas where lines pass through the fire wall on the passenger side. I would also check the windshield seals.
    -The J

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J

check the EVAP water drain hose and make sure it isnt clogged also not that likely but check the drain holes in the pinch welds...make sure they are opened up all the way....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.