sounds dum
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on sounds dum within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey this sounds dum but i seriously need to kno about a dead battery will the car crank and not ...

sounds dum

hey this sounds dum but i seriously need to kno about a dead battery will the car crank and not start or will you here nothing at all when you try to start it and if the battery is dead will the electronics still turn on in the car or no???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Panda View Post
    hey this sounds dum but i seriously need to kno about a dead battery will the car crank and not start or will you here nothing at all when you try to start it and if the battery is dead will the electronics still turn on in the car or no???
    If the battery is sufficiently drained, the car will not crank, and you may hear a clicking noise as the solenoid tries to engage. Usually, there will still be enough juice to allow for the interior electronics to turn on, unless your battery is completely drained.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

yea well mine cranks but no start so im not sure what the hell is going on

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    If the battery is sufficiently drained, the car will not crank, and you may hear a clicking noise as the solenoid tries to engage. Usually, there will still be enough juice to allow for the interior electronics to turn on, unless your battery is completely drained.

If it cranks and battery is good. Next you must check for fuel and spark!
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

ok well usally when i turn the key to on the dash wil light up an i could here the buzz frm the fuel pump i cant any more i ordered a new one so its on its way can anyone point me in the right direction on where my sparks are??
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    If it cranks and battery is good. Next you must check for fuel and spark!

If the fuel system was already pressurized enough, you will NOT hear the pump. There should be a connection on a fuel line where you can test the pressure with a gauge or flathead screw driver and rag. If pressurized gas will spray out...

If fuel is good, then pull the spark plugs, inspect them. Also you can get a spark plug tester from autozone, it plugs into your coilpack and you ground it. Crank it and see if it lights up. Check all four...

Any recent mods/service done to the car?
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

last mod i did was downpipe but it was going on before that tho it would take forever to start and as far as the fuel goes i unhooked it from the filter tried to start it but had no fuel comein from it at all????
    i dont even kno where my spark plugs are located any idea???

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    If the fuel system was already pressurized enough, you will NOT hear the pump. There should be a connection on a fuel line where you can test the pressure with a gauge or flathead screw driver and rag. If pressurized gas will spray out...

If fuel is good, then pull the spark plugs, inspect them. Also you can get a spark plug tester from autozone, it plugs into your coilpack and you ground it. Crank it and see if it lights up. Check all four...

Any recent mods/service done to the car?

plug in your green "test mode" connectors and see if you hear the fuel pump and fans. i believe thats the two that cycle on and off when you turn the ignition to "on". (not start because i do't think it will start in test mode.) but i would look for cheaper problems before buying a new fuel pump.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

well the fan doesnt come on ethier
    its crazy man idk what it is i already bought a fuel pump
    about 3days ago so when ever i get it ill install it and i got new plugs jus dont kno where to put them still lookin for help on that i dont have the 300 to send to the shop to have them put the plugs in

Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    plug in your green "test mode" connectors and see if you hear the fuel pump and fans. i believe thats the two that cycle on and off when you turn the ignition to "on". (not start because i do't think it will start in test mode.) but i would look for cheaper problems before buying a new fuel pump.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Which side of the filter (upstream, downstream)? The filter itself may be the problem.

Spark Plug Tutorial<click
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

upstream an nada came out
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Which side of the filter (upstream, downstream)? The filter itself may be the problem.

Spark Plug Tutorial<click

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.