sounds dum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

This is a discussion on sounds dum within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey this sounds dum but i seriously need to kno about a dead battery will the car crank and not ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Evil_Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Bernardino CA
    Posts
    50

    sounds dum

    hey this sounds dum but i seriously need to kno about a dead battery will the car crank and not start or will you here nothing at all when you try to start it and if the battery is dead will the electronics still turn on in the car or no???

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Moderator timber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    3,718
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Panda View Post
    hey this sounds dum but i seriously need to kno about a dead battery will the car crank and not start or will you here nothing at all when you try to start it and if the battery is dead will the electronics still turn on in the car or no???
    If the battery is sufficiently drained, the car will not crank, and you may hear a clicking noise as the solenoid tries to engage. Usually, there will still be enough juice to allow for the interior electronics to turn on, unless your battery is completely drained.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

  4. #3
    Registered User Evil_Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Bernardino CA
    Posts
    50
    yea well mine cranks but no start so im not sure what the hell is going on

    Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    If the battery is sufficiently drained, the car will not crank, and you may hear a clicking noise as the solenoid tries to engage. Usually, there will still be enough juice to allow for the interior electronics to turn on, unless your battery is completely drained.

  5. #4
    Registered User jeffmm06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,138
    If it cranks and battery is good. Next you must check for fuel and spark!
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

  6. #5
    Registered User Evil_Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Bernardino CA
    Posts
    50
    ok well usally when i turn the key to on the dash wil light up an i could here the buzz frm the fuel pump i cant any more i ordered a new one so its on its way can anyone point me in the right direction on where my sparks are??
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    If it cranks and battery is good. Next you must check for fuel and spark!

  7. #6
    Registered User jeffmm06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,138
    If the fuel system was already pressurized enough, you will NOT hear the pump. There should be a connection on a fuel line where you can test the pressure with a gauge or flathead screw driver and rag. If pressurized gas will spray out...

    If fuel is good, then pull the spark plugs, inspect them. Also you can get a spark plug tester from autozone, it plugs into your coilpack and you ground it. Crank it and see if it lights up. Check all four...

    Any recent mods/service done to the car?
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

  8. #7
    Registered User Evil_Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Bernardino CA
    Posts
    50
    last mod i did was downpipe but it was going on before that tho it would take forever to start and as far as the fuel goes i unhooked it from the filter tried to start it but had no fuel comein from it at all????
    i dont even kno where my spark plugs are located any idea???

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    If the fuel system was already pressurized enough, you will NOT hear the pump. There should be a connection on a fuel line where you can test the pressure with a gauge or flathead screw driver and rag. If pressurized gas will spray out...

    If fuel is good, then pull the spark plugs, inspect them. Also you can get a spark plug tester from autozone, it plugs into your coilpack and you ground it. Crank it and see if it lights up. Check all four...

    Any recent mods/service done to the car?

  9. #8
    Registered User 06PearlWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    843
    plug in your green "test mode" connectors and see if you hear the fuel pump and fans. i believe thats the two that cycle on and off when you turn the ignition to "on". (not start because i do't think it will start in test mode.) but i would look for cheaper problems before buying a new fuel pump.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

  10. #9
    Registered User Evil_Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Bernardino CA
    Posts
    50
    well the fan doesnt come on ethier
    its crazy man idk what it is i already bought a fuel pump
    about 3days ago so when ever i get it ill install it and i got new plugs jus dont kno where to put them still lookin for help on that i dont have the 300 to send to the shop to have them put the plugs in

    Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    plug in your green "test mode" connectors and see if you hear the fuel pump and fans. i believe thats the two that cycle on and off when you turn the ignition to "on". (not start because i do't think it will start in test mode.) but i would look for cheaper problems before buying a new fuel pump.

  11. #10
    Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    13,275
    I Support ClubWRX
    Which side of the filter (upstream, downstream)? The filter itself may be the problem.

    Spark Plug Tutorial<click
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

  12. #11
    Registered User Evil_Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Bernardino CA
    Posts
    50
    upstream an nada came out
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Which side of the filter (upstream, downstream)? The filter itself may be the problem.

    Spark Plug Tutorial<click

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •