boost low since 87 fill up
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on boost low since 87 fill up within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; let the old lady take the car and she filled it up with 87 even after I told her it ...

boost low since 87 fill up

let the old lady take the car and she filled it up with 87 even after I told her it takes PREMIUM! well during that tank and after the boost will only go to about .75 bar. used to always go up to 1 bar. did the computer detune for the lower octane?

car is completely stock but with cai. 2002 wagon.

thanks for any help.
    2002 wagon stock auto

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 41922 View Post
    did the computer detune for the lower octane?
    Yes, it probably cut boost and timing.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I just bought a second hand WRX and believe the original owner was using 87 regularly. I don't have a boost gauge so I'm not sure what boost I'm hitting. I've been using Premium now (91 octane) since I've had it for 2 weeks.

Should I reset the ECU by disconnecting the neg battery terminal?

let the old lady take the car and she filled it up with 87 even after I told her it takes PREMIUM! well during that tank and after the boost will only go to about .75 bar. used to always go up to 1 bar. did the computer detune for the lower octane?

thanks for any help.
    The Knock sensor can only do so much, try not to overwork it, and stay out of boost as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    Should I reset the ECU by disconnecting the neg battery terminal?
    Resting the ECU couldn't hurt, give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    I just bought a second hand WRX and believe the original owner was using 87 regularly.
    WHat

I would have been a little scared to buy that. Do an ECU reset and hope that is the only problem.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Moved to troubleshooting forum
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    I would hope so.

I wonder if you are running lean with the intake.

It is expected that the car will reduce timing but I've not seen another thread with numbers listed where the car cuts boost. Nice system really. If what we think is going on is true the car will eventually advance timing and increase boost as the fuel improves.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.