rear differential

This is a discussion on rear differential within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I first start my car and reverse my car out, I hear a noise from the rear. Then when ...

rear differential

When I first start my car and reverse my car out, I hear a noise from the rear. Then when I put it into first and goes foward, it also makes this noise. I brought it to the dealer and they were able to hear the noise again. They warranted out my rear differential they said but the noise is still present. Anyone know what else I can do to make the noise go away? I don't think the dealer replaced the rear differential like they said they did. Also I only notice this noise when I first reverse my car in the morning only. Once I have warmed up the car by driving it, the noise is gone until i leave the car off for a few hours. Please help thankyou.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the gears and oil is just cold. i live in WI and i heard that in my old 97 cavi and my subie so yeah its just cold.