In Need of some real bad help asap
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on In Need of some real bad help asap within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So here's the deal i own a 2002 WRX 2.0L TRB for the last week this car had a bad ...

So here's the deal i own a 2002 WRX 2.0L TRB
    for the last week this car had a bad bug you could say i thought it was the starter solenoid??? maybe one of you could help ill put the key in try to crank it but it a no go it ll sound like its going to start but it doesn't i end up waiting with the key turned in the on position for about 15-20min before it will start sum ppl say fuel filter and others say injectors or fuel pump ??? has this happened to anyone at all i don't have the money to take it to a shop so any advise would help
    thanx, EPanda

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here's the deal my car (2002 WRX 2.0L TRB) for the last week has had a bad bug i call it need some help on getting this fixed ill try to start it it sounds like it will want to star but it just wont turnover i thought it would be the starter solenoid but ppl have told be that it could be fuel filter,or fuel pump, or injectors any body have this problem before??? any advise would help big
    thanx, EPanda

Need Help Bad

here's the deal my car (2002 WRX 2.0L TRB) for the last week has had a bad bug i call it need some help on getting this fixed ill try to start it it sounds like it will want to star but it just wont turnover i thought it would be the starter solenoid but ppl have told be that it could be fuel filter,or fuel pump, or injectors any body have this problem before??? any advise would help big
    thanx, EPanda

I Support ClubWRX
    Does it crank but not start or does it just "click" and not crank?

Is the fuel pump stock?

Are the injectors stock?

Are the battery terminals tight and free of corrosion?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Fuel pump stock, injectors stock, termainals tight
    it cranks but no start

I Support ClubWRX
    If the battery is old it could still be an issue. Assuming the car has fuel in it and the fuel filter is OK, is there any reason for you to think you aren't getting spark? Have you done any work lately or anything?

When the car does start, does it run well? Does it ever hickup or lurch when running and driving around? If not, I'd not suspect the fuel filter too much.

Here's how to check out a starter solenoid but be cautious, the currents involved are high and everything's hot under there too:
    Diagnosing A No Start Situation
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

battery is old but radio air lights all that work fine no hickups at car runs great when running yes jus today i instaled my downpipe other than that nada in the last 10weeks but therer is sumthing strange the check engine light wont come on when the key is turned in the on position if i wait and leave it in the on position for about 20min the light will come on then ill be able to start it???

I Support ClubWRX
    OK let's assume the fuel filter is OK then. Fuel demand increases with throttle, so if it drives OK it's unlikely a clogged filter will cause a no start.

When you installed the downpipe, did you happen to nudge the connector on top of the gearbox with wiring running up and into the firewall? Or, did you happen to nudge anything on or around the throttle body? Is the crank position sensor OK? Is all the tubing and wiring around the passenger strut tower connected?

Or were there start problems before the downpipe install?

start problems were before install evreything is conected

where are these located im new to subaru so walk me threw this if you could??
    the crank position sensor, passenger strut tower.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK then look into IACV, CPS, low or badly connected batter (still...) and then starter circuit.

Did you replace the intake recently? Is the MAF connected correctly? Is the air filter clean?

serious i have no idea what you said is there any pics or diagram the MAF is conected crrectly the air filter is clean i repalced the stock with a fujita short ram about 4months ago

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, and the start problems did not come along with any new parts? Was there ever a CEL code you could read at any point? There's no code now from what I understood, so there's little to go with. IACV is the idle air control valve; it usually causes erratic idle when it needs cleaning but I suppose it'd stop the show too (guessing). CPS is the crank position sensor, that'd definitely stop the show.

Check the connections to the starter (and solenoid) I suppose. What you said about the CEL not coming on is weird. Do you have engine management or are you using the stock ECU? No reflash? Are you sure all the connectors to and from the battery are tight?

positive jus cheacked them
    when i get light in the morning ill take a look under the car make sure there aint anything disconected ..never any CEL that came on while i have been driveing it ....stock ECU

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    OK, and the start problems did not come along with any new parts? Was there ever a CEL code you could read at any point? There's no code now from what I understood, so there's little to go with. IACV is the idle air control valve; it usually causes erratic idle when it needs cleaning but I suppose it'd stop the show too (guessing). CPS is the crank position sensor, that'd definitely stop the show.

Check the connections to the starter (and solenoid) I suppose. What you said about the CEL not coming on is weird. Do you have engine management or are you using the stock ECU? No reflash? Are you sure all the connectors to and from the battery are tight?

I Support ClubWRX
    Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com

/\ Repair manuals.Electrical problems are not gonna be easy to diagnose over the internet.My advice is to buy a multimeter (if you don't have one yet) and start checking sensors.Crank and oil pressure sender would be the ones to start with first.Then check the injectors and coil packs next to seee if they are getting voltage.You can get injector"noid lights" pretty cheap.They plug into the injector harness and will light up when that injector lead is being energized.Also when you turn the car to the "on" position can you hear the fuel pump prime?You should always hear the fuel pump prime for about 5-10seconds and shut off when you turn the car to "on".If not the relay might be sticking or going bad.The relay is located in the passenger kick pannel by the door hinge.It's green.

Also no need to triple post your problem.Your well on your way to irritating the modderators as well as everyone else.........
    Last edited by Donkey; 08-30-2008 at 07:07 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast