Hill-hold light stays on 08 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hill-hold light stays on 08 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My wife called to tell me the "yellow light with the picture of the car on a hill won't turn ...

Hill-hold light stays on 08 wrx

My wife called to tell me the "yellow light with the picture of the car on a hill won't turn off."

She turned the car off and then back on and the light didn't go off. I haven't seen it yet but I thought I'd get a head start before she got home.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you have anything done to it? Mine has come on twice and shuts off after I reflash with my accessport. It has only happened to me in short bits.. maybe second gear at 2500 rpm but the last time it happened I had to turn the car on twice for it to go away on its own. I checked for codes but it said everything was fine.
    2008 DGM Sedan WRX - Sold as of 1/13/09

2006 CGM WRX - Stage 2 as of 1/24/09

Quote Originally Posted by jeffman127 View Post
    Do you have anything done to it? Mine has come on twice and shuts off after I reflash with my accessport. It has only happened to me in short bits.. maybe second gear at 2500 rpm but the last time it happened I had to turn the car on twice for it to go away on its own. I checked for codes but it said everything was fine.
    Nope, only mod was to cut a hole in the airbox so I can hear the turbo and BPV. 08 wrx intake silencer delete That was weeks ago.

I figured once she brings it home I can disconnect the battery. If it comes back I'll just take it in to service.

I have that hole cut out as well. I thought it would provide alot more sound then it does, but every little bit helps.
    2008 DGM Sedan WRX - Sold as of 1/13/09

2006 CGM WRX - Stage 2 as of 1/24/09

The light went off on it's own when my wife drove over some cobblestones in a street. So we'll see if it stays off, seems that sensor is a little sensitive.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.