awfull sound when braking

This is a discussion on awfull sound when braking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 05 wrx all stock. When i brake I hear a sound that is tough to describe but ...

awfull sound when braking

I have an 05 wrx all stock. When i brake I hear a sound that is tough to describe but it sounds like twisting metal or straining metal every rotation of the wheel. It starts at about 30mph and gets worse as I slow down. During normal driving i hear a slight sqeaking on every rotaion of the wheel and only stops with light pressure on the brake. I just swapped out pads and rotors thinking this was the problem but the sound started up within a day. Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is quite unusual if you replaced the pads and disks and it still happens.

Maybe you have a stuck caliper.

first is it the front or back 2nd now that u hear grinding or whatever u want to call it take it apart and look for a witness mark like fresh shaved metal. goodluck!

it is the front left, I knew i forgot something. could the caliper be twisting or being pulled by the rotor on the pins??

What kinda pads did you use. Some pads make alot of noise.

i used ceramic pads, it is usually only at real low speeds when the sound is the worse. I really dont want to bring it to the dealer because it will probally be something simple with my luck. thanks for helpin

If its a low pitch sound it seems like its normal. I put cheap pads on my beater and it always made noise.

caliper

The obvious...is the caliper torqued on snugly? (I only say this because I pulled that stroke of brilliance myself a few years back)