HELP Please Check Engine Light

This is a discussion on HELP Please Check Engine Light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got an 04 wrx 2.0 (75,000miles)... injen short ram intake/light wieght crank pulley/invidia catless DP/invidia G200 catback exhaust... the rest ...

HELP Please Check Engine Light

Got an 04 wrx 2.0 (75,000miles)... injen short ram intake/light wieght crank pulley/invidia catless DP/invidia G200 catback exhaust... the rest is suspension so doesnt matter. So i changed my plugs yesterday and battery... used the NGK iridium's and threw in an optima red top battery now i know the computer was reset when disconnecting the battery but when accelerating moderately when my boost starts to pick up my car starts to stutter and just bog down(still picking up speed just more slowly) and the CEL blinks on and off. (ive reset my computer before this has never happened) Do the coil pack have a certain order to them and how can i tell? No problems until now. Please any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by 04 STi CLoNe; 08-27-2008 at 04:43 AM. Reason: better info

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Get the code pulled - Autozone will let you use an OBDII scanner to figure out what P#### CEL code
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Get the code pulled - Autozone will let you use an OBDII scanner to figure out what P#### CEL code

+1

if I had to guess I'd say you're misfiring.. were the plugs gapped properly before you put them in? and what kind of EM are you running?

Ok so just found out Autozone got busted by the state of Ca. and no longer does free CEL scans. But AAMCO transmissions does... code was P0301... cylinder 1 misfiring... i thought i gapped them all properly but i guess ill check again?... any suggestions for proper gap... i went .035... and which is cylinder 1 if im facing the engine bay?
    Last edited by 04 STi CLoNe; 08-27-2008 at 10:52 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 STi CLoNe View Post
    Ok so just found out Autozone got busted by the state of Ca. and no longer does free CEL scans.
    Reading OBD codes is not illegal. What did they tell you?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Reading OBD codes is not illegal. What did they tell you?

Maybe it's illegal to preform any service for free in CA?

Maybe that stop letting people borrow the code reader because they wanted to sell more of them?

you dont borrow it they just read it for you... and i think mainframe is right they cant give out the codes for free

Only once, at an auto parts store, have I had someone go out to my car and get the code. Every other time I've had to leave my license in the store, and I did it.

Guess it's just something about the trusting area I live in.

I Support ClubWRX
    I do the same thing. Go to Autozone, park outside, ask for the code scanner, read the code, return the scanner, the end.

No money, no state intervention. Just error codes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.