Turbo inlet pipe help

This is a discussion on Turbo inlet pipe help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i popped my hood earlier today and found that a line coming out of my turbo inlet pipe was capped ...

Turbo inlet pipe help

i popped my hood earlier today and found that a line coming out of my turbo inlet pipe was capped off by a screw....does anyone know where this line is connected to??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anybody??

DUB
    Looks like line 4 to me.

Line 1 plumbs the compressor housing to one end of the T-fitting. This line contains the brass restrictor pill.

Line 2 plumbs the wastegate actuator to the opposite end of the T-fitting.

Line 3 plumbs the middle of the T-fitting to the wastegate solenoid valve.

Line 4 plumbs the other side of the wastegate solenoid valve to the turbo-inlet pipe.

From: CobbTuning.com - How Subaruís Factory Boost Control System Works
    Last edited by DUB; 08-26-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Looks like line 4 to me.

Line 1 plumbs the compressor housing to one end of the T-fitting. This line contains the brass restrictor pill.

Line 2 plumbs the wastegate actuator to the opposite end of the T-fitting.

Line 3 plumbs the middle of the T-fitting to the wastegate solenoid valve.

Line 4 plumbs the other side of the wastegate solenoid valve to the turbo-inlet pipe.

From: CobbTuning.com - How Subaruís Factory Boost Control System Works
    yeah i was looking at that but i have a boost controller, not the stock boost control solenoid so i dont know where it would go......i dont know if my mechanic messed around with my lines and changed something

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    yeah i was looking at that but i have a boost controller, not the stock boost control solenoid so i dont know where it would go......i dont know if my mechanic messed around with my lines and changed something
    The fact that you have an after market boost controller probably would have been relevant information to include in your original post.
    In that case, I would guess that the boost controller you have doesn't need that line. But, I don't know anything about installing an after market boost controller, so......
    Why don't you just ask your mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    The fact that you have an after market boost controller probably would have been relevant information to include in your original post.
    In that case, I would guess that the boost controller you have doesn't need that line. But, I don't know anything about installing an after market boost controller, so......
    Why don't you just ask your mechanic?
    lol i dont want to take my car to him for that stuff because i have alot of aftermarket parts and i dont want anyone messing with my car.....i took it to him to get a little sound checked out and it was fixed but in the process he removed a bunch of my stuff and then put it back on.....i already had to fix my radiator overflow hose by myself.....and now when my car is cold when it starts up and i give it gas when the rpm returns to idle it drops to like 400 rpms before returning to normal.....sounds like a leak or something......i had the same problem before and i took it to dynoflash in connecticut and they were able to fix it and now it happens again....thats why i dont like just any mechanic messing with my car.....i live in NY so its hard for me to take my car to connecticut because i need it for school and work